Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I thought I was the only fan of Jack In The Box tacos! I believe they took them off the menu where I lived in Denver out of concern for me. Two for 99 cents.

For anyone healthily unfamiliar, the whole taco was deep fried and they were more like large taquitos, except with mystery meat and a slice of American cheese.
loved those $1 tacos at jack in the box on kuhio in Waikiki!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:00 AM

Non meat alternatives do taste good, but it still has over 50 grams of fat, 34 grams of carbs and Over 1000 grams of sodium. Better than the other meat burgers, but not a healthy food. Unless you are getting a coffee, or don’t care about your health, find another restaurant.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Until I came here, I used to enjoy BK. Not here. I am not going to say why I continued for several trips to the two in the Villages until I was convinced that I did not like it. But, I digress.
Ok, so some like the meatless burgers. Hooray! So, if it looks like meat and it tastes like meat, tell me why I should eat a FAKE? I am not allergic to meat, but I could be allergic to the contents or processing of the FAKE. I like BEEF, PORK and a bit of yard bird occasionally. That said, I was once invited over to a co-worker's home for supper and he served lasagna. It was good, and after two helpings he said it was meatless, made of FAKE soy burger. He was a vegetarian so I sort of expected it. It is not that I did not enjoy the meal, but like I said if given a choice, I will choose real meat. I think it is great that some of our "particular" folks have the option of FAKE meat, and I laugh when they even think it is important to pretend they are still consuming meat. Who are they trying to fool or convince, us or themselves?

Congrats on finding a substitute for meat. Now find a decent deep dish or hand tossed pizza that is gluten free for those that are allergic to gluten. The difference is that one eliminates animal from the diet out of preference and others eliminate gluten containing products out of medical necessity.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:50 AM

The point of newly developed meatless products is to eventually reduce beef consumption and ultimately cattle production. Cattle production is a drain on the earth’s resources. It is the primary reason for clear cutting forests in The Amazon. And yes there are health benefits to reducing beef intake. Don’t look at it as “is this healthy”, although it is. BTW, BK gas sold Morningstar veggie burgers for 20 years.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,677 Times in 5,229 Posts

I predict that the meatless burgers will soon disappear from the Burger King menu, along with the tacos.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Had a couple of portobello mushrooms grilled and toped with melted cheddar cheese instead of the usual traditional burger yesterday at a Labor Day Weekend cookout and they were absolutely delicious. Those will be a new go to as an alternative to hamburgers. I prefer an actual real mushroom as opposed to a bunch of "who knows what it is" mushed into a patty to look like a hamburger.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lions View Post
The point of newly developed meatless products is to eventually reduce beef consumption and ultimately cattle production. Cattle production is a drain on the earth’s resources. It is the primary reason for clear cutting forests in The Amazon. And yes there are health benefits to reducing beef intake. Don’t look at it as “is this healthy”, although it is. BTW, BK gas sold Morningstar veggie burgers for 20 years.
This ^^

And I'm surprised nobody has commented on the ethical reasons for not eating beef. Visit a feed lot, would you like to live there? Watch the slaughter of animals...does that make you feel good about your hamburger? I'm not trying to be harsh but animals experience anxiety, stress, fear, and pain just like you and me.

I like hamburgers but if I have a reasonable substitute that doesn't involve all of the environmental and ethical problems of beef, I'm going to go for that 100%. I hope there are a lot of people out there that feel the same.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I got the Impossible Whopper meal with small fries and a coke. It was $1 more than a beef whopper meal.
Apparently, if you take away the Government subsidy for the beef producers, the beef Whopper would cost more than $50. But, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage

I knew someone would come up with the environmental issue. Sorry folks, but man owns the earth and we are carnivores, period. If you like salad, then eat salad. I like beef and no one is going to tell me that I am wrong for doing so. I know of a lot of hundred year old meat eaters, but I don't know any hundred year old vegetarians. Not saying there aren't any, but I know it is not the beef that kills you. My old man was a meat and potatoes man for 93 years before he decided that he was tired of living and quit eating. If you come from weak genes then by all means, worry about what you eat so you can prolong your miserable life.
If you like to make believe you are eating meat while you are eating a veggie burger, go for it. If you think mushrooms taste better than a good old grilled meatburger, then you can have my mushrooms off of my mushroom swiss burger. My point is WHY are you faking it with FAKE burgers? If you are so adamant about eating rabbit food, then admit it instead of telling everyone else how they should eat fake burgers to make you feel like you are contributing something to the environment or to someone's health? I don't eat fake meat burgers and I am not going to vote for some nut that wants to do away with cows, cars and airplanes because they think that it's going to make everyone's life better. It won't. It will just mean that no one will be able to live a "progressive" lifestyle. Remember, if you do away with cows and horses, what is going to pull your carts to town when you need to shop for your veggie burgers?
Anyway, Congrats on your new menu. I'll think about you when I order my triple butterburger from Culvers or Steak and Shake. The only green I want on my burger bun is a pickle.....
Old 09-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I predict that the meatless burgers will soon disappear from the Burger King menu, along with the tacos.
The lack of good service from BK makes it a surprise that they have not closed their doors by now. It is surprising that the health Dept has not closed their doors for them, as dirty as it is inside.

I do remember a long time ago when you could get a decent grilled Jack Daniels burger at BK.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:16 PM

For those who don't eat beef or care about the environmental issues, the impossible burger is a great choice. I couldn't tell the difference. Costs a little more though!
Old 09-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage

I am really surprised that the new Burger King on 466A has such poor service. Why would the corporate office let that happen? McDonald's in Colony Plaza has way better service than Burger King.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:31 PM

I tried the Impossible Whopper and couldn't tell the difference. If it will save animals I'm going to get them from now on.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryA View Post
I tried the Impossible Whopper and couldn't tell the difference. If it will save animals I'm going to get them from now on.
Unfortunately, it won't save animals. The beef cattle only exist to be converted into steaks and burgers.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage

Hmmm, bet you won't find a FAKE medium rare steak at Chop's Restaurant at Sumter Landing.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.