Burger King 466A

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2021, 05:32 PM

Don't know about that one, but the one on 441 in spanish is the same way. Wonder if they have the same owner.?
Old 02-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Earth Fare is opening in Lady Lake 2nd quarter on 441.
Are you reading something new or an article from 2019, Earth Fare was going to open in the shopping center behind Miller's Ale House on 441 and it was announced last February 2020 that they were closing 14 stores in Florida including the one in Lady Lake under construction.

Earth Fare won’t open Lady Lake store - News - Daily Commercial - Leesburg, FL
Old 02-12-2021, 05:58 PM

Amen, Jima64. They can't get good help. No one wants to work. Most just want a handout.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

how right you are BK should shut it down ,as it is it damaging the chains reputation
Old 02-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Are you reading something new or an article from 2019, Earth Fare was going to open in the shopping center behind Miller's Ale House on 441 and it was announced last February 2020 that they were closing 14 stores in Florida including the one in Lady Lake under construction.

https://www.**************.com/2021/...-in-lady-lake/

It seems Earth Fare is back on track to open in Lady Lake. You might guess what site i was linking to.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Are you reading something new or an article from 2019, Earth Fare was going to open in the shopping center behind Miller's Ale House on 441 and it was announced last February 2020 that they were closing 14 stores in Florida including the one in Lady Lake under construction

They are opening 2nd quarter of 2021. I was at Total Wine last week and it is obvious theyare working to open the store. You are posting old news.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
They are opening 2nd quarter of 2021. I was at Total Wine last week and it is obvious theyare working to open the store. You are posting old news.
The link I posted was the last news I read or heard about. Do you have a newer link, you should post it, I couldn't find one.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, have it your way, have it your way at BURGER KING.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, have it your way, have it your way at BURGER KING.
Apparently in many cases your way is what we feel like giving you.

Wait till minimum wage is $ 15 per hour and businesses notice that employees are not worth that and machines replace workers in droves.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:33 AM
Default Maryland Crabs

Quote:
I lived about two miles from those Edgewood Maryland locations for 20 years before moving here. Even though they were that close, I never ate at any of them. I-95 is like a dividing line in Harford County Maryland, crime and everything that goes with crime (drugs) happens on the east of I-95 and west of I-95 it's a totally different world. It's like going from TV to Wildwood. I wouldn't even stay in those motels. Next time go about three more miles to Exit 80 exit east Belcamp and go right at the light, there is a Spring Hill Suites, very nice motel and a nice Pizza Hut in the shopping right next door.

If you stop at Exit 77 again, next time bypass Edgewood exit East, take the exit in the opposite direction. Exit Route 24 West (Bel Air) and go to the first light about a 1/4 mile and turn right, it's Route 924 Tollgate Rd. On the right side of the road about 100 yards is a WaWa, it's very nice and big, at the second light about another 100 yards is a Wegman's Grocery Store, it's the best grocery store you'll ever go inside. I use to live across the street. If you continue on 924 Tollgate go about a 1/2 mile and you'll pass a Walgreens and then a 7/11, the shopping behind the 7/11 has a restaurant that's called Box Hill Pizza, it has the best steak subs in the world, best crabs cake in Maryland, and they have great pizza and spaghetti dinners. That's all within 2 miles of I-95.

The Villages Florida
Where can I get Maryland crabs in this area?
(Thanks in advance...)
Old 02-13-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
The link I posted was the last news I read or heard about. Do you have a newer link, you should post it, I couldn't find one.
https://www.**************.com/2021/...-in-lady-lake/

John as you can see they won't let it be posted. Go to the other site and search "earth fare" It was from Jan. 30th. '21
Old 02-13-2021, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

This has nothing to do with BK or any-other fast food restaurants but more about junk food versus wholesome food. I may be way off base with this post. Going back to 1976 my late cousin ( the brother I never had) took an 11 week cross country tour by van. We camped out in National Parks when we could. I can remember one morning we happened to stop at McDonald’s and he was throwing away the Canadian Bacon on his Egg McMuffin. I said don’t throw that away I’ll eat it, he responded it’s bad for you it has nitrates in it. My point of the story is that he was eating Whole Foods drinking herb tea in the evening by the campfire while I was swigging from a bottle of whiskey and drinking 6 packs of beer. My cousin passed away from colon cancer at age 49. I haven’t had any booze in over 36 years but my point is he ate healthy I did not for many years I should have been the one that passed at such a young age. Quality food plays a role but moderation is the key.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
Where can I get Maryland crabs in this area?
(Thanks in advance...)
We make our own. Sams Club sells one pound lump crab meat for $20 and you can buy Old Bay at the Neighborhood Walmart at Colony, and sometimes Publix will have it.Then we use the recipe on the McCormick website, the maker of Old Bay.

OLD BAY(R) Crab Cake Recipe | Old Bay

The only difference we do, is instead of broiling for 10 minutes, we bake at 370 for 15 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes to brown the tops. These are the ones we had Super Bowl Sunday. I like them on a hamburger bun with lettuce & tomato. Harford

The Villages Florida

For live crabs, I haven't tried this place, but Bubba's Crab and Seafood in Leesburg advertises in the Daily Sun all the time.

Bubba's Crab and Seafood - Bubba's crab and seafood

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 02-13-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Sage

The Villages Florida

Since we cannot link the online newspaper website, here is the latest news per that paper.

New investment revives Earth Fare’s plan for store in Lady Lake

New investment has revived Earth Fare’s plan for a natural and organic grocery market at Lady Lake Commons on U.S. Hwy. 27/441.

In February of 2020, Earth Fare closed all of its 50 locations following the previous ownership’s bankruptcy declaration. It has since been revitalized through an investment from Hulsing Enterprises and CEO Dennis Hulsing, as well as involvement from one of its original Earth Fare founders, Randy Talley, and Mike Cianciarulo, a former president of Earth Fare. The new ownership group has since opened 18 locations throughout the east, including Tampa Bay and Seminole.

Originally founded in 1975, Earth Fare is an organic grocer and wellness market with a mission to improve lives by “making healthy food available to everyone.” Earth Fare keeps the “good stuff” like organic fruits, vegetables, and responsibly sourced meat and seafood and leaves out the “bad stuff” like meat raised with antibiotics and artificial hormones as well as artificial flavors, dyes, sugars and more.

“You will find many of the same trusted brands and house made specialties back in our store, and we are adding some new ones,” said David Isinghood, chief operations officer. “Keeping our Food Philosophy and product standards at the forefront, we are expanding our craftsmanship and increasing our selection of Organic produce and local offerings.”

“The Lady Lake and The Villages community was and remains a natural fit for Earth Fare,” said Earth Fare Chief Sales Officer Randy Talley. “We look forward to welcoming the community through our doors and working to be an essential part of this growing neighborhood.”

The developer of Lady Lake Commons, Benchmark Group, was determined to bring a grocer to their center.

“We have been fans of the Earth Fare brand for some time” said Benchmark CFO Jeffrey Withee. “We felt it was important to bring that category to our retail mix in Lady Lake.”

Lad Lake Commons features Miller’s Ale House, Mission BBQ, Huey Magoo’s, a Goodwill store and Total Wine.

Benchmark Group is the Developer of the Sam’s Club development, Village Crossroads and Lady Lake Crossing.

The retail space has already begun minor renovations, with the goal of resuming operations in the second quarter of 2021. A grand opening may be announced at a later date.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
burger, king, management, lack, 466a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.