Restaurant in general

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Restaurant in general

Most of the places we go to ,with a few exceptions,the wait staff or servers are more interested their own social time and talking to each other than taking care of the customer.You want a good tipe,which I beleive in, make me feel important to you that I be there. My wife and I both worked in hotels and the customer is the most important person in your life while at work.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Restaurant in general

It's the management. Those same restaurants with the inattentive wait staff also will make you wait for a table while there are empty tables available. Rule #1 to success is table turnover and the better managed places do a good job at turnover and you'll also notice the employees make sure you leave happy. It all starts with the management.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:31 PM

DDOUG,

I can't see if you're from up north or not but IMHO it's a southern thing. More laid back. We spent many winters in the Caribbean Islands and always had to shift from Type "A" to Type "S" (sleepy) when we got there. Get used to it!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:47 PM

amen, we relocated northern type a's do have to adjust to a slower pace re restaurants, etc. once we get to the villages.
the villages has many of the amenities one enjoys in northern small cities and towns but the restaurant staffs are largely rural southerners. from the surrounding tri county area.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug
Most of the places we go to ,with a few exceptions,the wait staff or servers are more interested their own social time and talking to each other than taking care of the customer.
You bet. A recent visit to the dining room at the new Waterfront Inn (developer owned) found our female server taking a cigarette break with her friend in the middle of our dinner.

Skip
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.