Bye-Bye Buffets ---Sweet Tomatoes closing 97 stores

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima2000 View Post
We love sweet tomatoes. Sorry to see it go, now what about Golden Corral, and the Chinese buffets? How about salad bars at ruby tuesdays? Going to be weird not to see buffets.
IF it's only Sweet Tomatoes, then it's more than a COVID-19 issue. I can definitely see shutting down the salad bars, everyone handles the same serving spoons. That's always a problem on a cruise ship too. I also liked Sweet Tomatoes and other salad bars.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
IF it's only Sweet Tomatoes, then it's more than a COVID-19 issue. I can definitely see shutting down the salad bars, everyone handles the same serving spoons. That's always a problem on a cruise ship too. I also liked Sweet Tomatoes and other salad bars.
I get that everyone handles the same serving spoons. But.....are they handling the part of the serving spoon that is put into the food? I think not. Everyone handles the door knob to gain entry to the restaurant. Who, prior to this pandemic, would wash their hands before they began filling their plates with food? I know I didn't.

Our Sweet Tomatoes did not have a large population of kids so I would imagine adults know how to handle a utensil that is used to place food on a buffet plate. But....that is just me.

I will miss Sweet Tomatoes.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
What a shame. Another casualty of the shutdown, not the virus. Expect more soon.
The shutdown and the virus are mutually exclusive? Buffets will be a thing of the past if not already. Not a casualty of the shutdown, a casualty of Covid-19.

Last edited by DDVeteran; 05-14-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bye-bye, buffets, sweet, tomatoes, closing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.