Bye bye Crispers

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Default Bye bye Crispers

I'm probably the last one to know but an employee just told me doors are closing end of the month. Usual scenario, rent raised to $9000.00 a month and owners can't afford it. So once again a business has been run out. Who makes these decisions? No wonder we have empty spaces. Too risky to locate here. What other reason than greed?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

First post......................
Old 05-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
I'm probably the last one to know but an employee just told me doors are closing end of the month. Usual scenario, rent raised to $9000.00 a month and owners can't afford it. So once again a business has been run out. Who makes these decisions? No wonder we have empty spaces. Too risky to locate here. What other reason than greed?
"Greed"? LOL. Maybe the "evil rich developers" want another thriving occupant who's not a soup/sandwich place, which Panera fills extremely well here.

I hope Giovanni's, the best and most authentic Italian restaurant in TV, is moving to the Crispers space so they finally have enough tables inside and out, for customers to get one.

People are always standing/waiting on the sidewalk, waiting to get a table and that's the reason we don't go.

At the Crispers space, Giovannis could double their seating with the patio and more customers could enjoy their awesome food more.....

Giovanni's

Old 05-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Where am I going to go for ICE WATER, LEMON, and SWEET & LOW on the 3rd. friday of the month?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

It's the old they raised my rent and I can't afford it urban legend.

When one signs a lease with TV or anybody else for that matter, it includes the term. For example a 10 year lease or a 5 year lease with the rates spelled out. And the almost always include options for renewal in increments of 5 years (or more).

The "raise the rent" surprise is a rumor or an easy way to dodge the real reason for closure. The old he made me do it cover.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
...Too risky to locate here. What other reason than greed?
Oh brother.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Sage

Its not greed , its business--the successful business have to carry the ones that can't make it--just like high tax sates--that most of us left--like businesses, we voted with our wallet
Old 05-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
The restaurant business in any market is " survival of the fittest" . The Developer is not stupid and does not raise the rent without a good knowledge of the "market value" of the property. Not greed - If enough customers come and the business model is efficient, the business will survive.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Oh no, one less place for Bare & Rick to get takeout!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Crispers has been good to our little gang for a lot longer than I've lived here. I hope all those who work or own land in a good place.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It's the old they raised my rent and I can't afford it urban legend.

When one signs a lease with TV or anybody else for that matter, it includes the term. For example a 10 year lease or a 5 year lease with the rates spelled out. And the almost always include options for renewal in increments of 5 years (or more).

The "raise the rent" surprise is a rumor or an easy way to dodge the real reason for closure. The old he made me do it cover.
Agree!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

For restaurants to thrive, they need butts in seats. The butts in the seats need to be either butts that have been in those seats before or butts that will come back and be in those seats again. My butt hit a Crisper's seat once and my brain told it to never go back. Perhaps too many other brains have told their butts to seek seats elsewhere.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
For restaurants to thrive, they need butts in seats. The butts in the seats need to be either butts that have been in those seats before or butts that will come back and be in those seats again. My butt hit a Crisper's seat once and my brain told it to never go back. Perhaps too many other brains have told their butts to seek seats elsewhere.
Funny, but true!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

No owner at crispers. Just another greedy corporation. It was once owned by Publix. Maybe the greed of the original owner caused it to collapse. From Wikipedia.

Crispers, LLC
Type
Private
Industry Restaurants
Founded Lakeland, Florida (1989)
Headquarters Lakeland, FL, U.S.
Area served
Florida
Key people
Scott M Anderson, CEO
Revenue $13M USD (2008) (est)
Number of employees
710 (2013)
Website -
Crispers is a Lakeland, Florida based chain of fast casual restaurants with an emphasis on health-conscious fare and a menu that consists mainly of salads and sandwiches.

Crispers was founded in South Lakeland, Florida in 1989 by Bill Whitaker and his wife, Vanessa. In 2002 Publix Supermarkets Inc. bought an interest in the company,[1] and Publix bought the entire company in 2007.[2] In 2008, the former CEO of the company was convicted of embezzling more than $400,000 from the company.[3]

On May 10, 2011, Publix announced they had reached an agreement to sell Crispers to Healthy Food Concepts, LLC[4] and the deal was completed in July 2011.

As of 2013, Crispers has 28 restaurants throughout Florida. By 2015 Crispers only had 24 restaurants opened,[5] with locations recently closed in Jacksonville and Gainesville.[6]
Old 05-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Another urban tale. My guess is that their lease is up and they weren't successful. Anytime we went there the place was practically empty.

You cannot really count on employees to have the accurate information. How much rent is paid is something a local employee is not aware of. Rent paying is handled by corporate. People who own the building want it occupied so greed would not be a factor to raise the rent and get rid of a tenant. I am afraid you are incorrect.

Correcting rumors is a good thing. This is an incorrect rumor. I bet my good comfortable shoes on it.

Tags
month, bye, makes, decisions, run

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.