Cane Garden

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I get annoyed at the number of people who come on here and have nothing good about any eating establishment in The Villages. If there's no good places there sure are a heck of a lot of people eating out at night at these below par eateries. If you don't like the places fine but there sure are a lot of us that are very happy.
I know I'll take a beating but I'll have to read about it tomorrow as it's getting near time to head out to one of our favorite spots.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Sage

Lots of people bought cars in the 70's & 80's that were pure junk, popularity--doesn't equate with quality--McDonalds, Wendys are popular-they're good @ what they do--but its not quality good food

The Cane IMHO, is the best CC when compared to others @ their price point--Arnold Palmer is above their price point & quality
Old 06-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
I get annoyed at the number of people who come on here and have nothing good about any eating establishment in The Villages. If there's no good places there sure are a heck of a lot of people eating out at night at these below par eateries. If you don't like the places fine but there sure are a lot of us that are very happy.
I know I'll take a beating but I'll have to read about it tomorrow as it's getting near time to head out to one of our favorite spots.
I agree! The problem I have is not that these internet gourmets say they don't care for an establishment or their food, but that they invariably denigrate the taste of anyone who feels otherwise. It's enough to say you dislike something, but to imply that anyone who does simply lacks your sophisticated palate is off-putting. Fire away...……..duck!!!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Sage

Just got back from the Can--their Cod bowl, blew away what we had @ the Lighthouse last week-@ 40% less cost with 4 Grey Goose Martini's

Rumor has it the chef is going to buy the Cane
Old 06-27-2018, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

I enjoy Cane Garden. Have always had good meals and service. I guess I am one of those who does not have a “sophisticated palate”. Of course, I don’t care for tonic water, even when it mixed with a good vodka. Why waste good vodka with tonic water?
Old 06-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Sage

Fruity tooty drinks are for amateurs--real drinkers -drink straight booze-per my favorite bar tender in Charley's Aunt--Chatham, NJ -RIP Charley
Old 06-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Cane Garden; Best onion rings in TV. NOT out of a bag, hand cut and buttermilk battered. When I get the urge for an artery choker they can't be beat! Sure, you could get cheaper somewhere else but you will get what you pay for.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:57 AM

The very best place to socialize. Best patio in The Villages. Best Happy Hour. Great servers who look after their tables.
Great food too
Just love this place up to 5 times a week when we are there.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Fruity tooty drinks are for amateurs--real drinkers -drink straight booze-per my favorite bar tender in Charley's Aunt--Chatham, NJ -RIP Charley

I enjoy a good Shirley Temple from time to time and I think Simply Lemonade cannot be beat. I LOVE an Arnold Palmer, that Arnold, he was the best.

I believe that Simply Lemonade is the most expensive lemonade at Publix. It must be the best and I must be the best too, because I buy the most expensive offered.

Just a little sarcastic humor to try to make a point.

The point is that we all have our own tastes and opinions. What we like to eat and drink and what we pay for it is just a matter of personal choice

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I agree! The problem I have is not that these internet gourmets say they don't care for an establishment or their food, but that they invariably denigrate the taste of anyone who feels otherwise. It's enough to say you dislike something, but to imply that anyone who does simply lacks your sophisticated palate is off-putting. Fire away...……..duck!!!
Good morning Coach. It is a beautiful day in The Villages. Hugs to you and the missus. I so agree with your post. No need to duck.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I enjoy a good Shirley Temple from time to time and I think Simply Lemonade cannot be beat. I LOVE an Arnold Palmer, that Arnold, he was the best.

I believe that Simply Lemonade is the most expensive lemonade at Publix. It must be the best and I must be the best too, because I buy the most expensive offered.

Just a little sarcastic humor to try to make a point.

The point is that we all have our own tastes and opinions. What we like to eat and drink and what we pay for it is just a matter of personal choice
And then boast as to how much was paid for it.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Default We’re so lucky . . .

Count your blessings. We’re so lucky to have that GENTLEMAN advise us what to drink, what to eat, and where to go. We’d be lost without him.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Veteran member
Default Cane Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox49 View Post
I'm frustrated with Cane Garden. They keep a small stock of bottles of Diet Tonic Water to serve from the bar. When I requested this on multiple occasions the message was it is only on hand for mixed drinks. To me, this makes no sense. When a product is on hand, and is requested, then serve it. I've needed to request a manager to get the Diet Tonic Water on several occasions. Last night the "general manager" provided the requested beverage after telling me there would be an uncharge past what I would pay for soda. Does this make sense to anyone out there?
Stop whining and drink ice tea. One of the best restaurants left in TV
Old 07-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage

Real men drink straight, no ice, no chaser. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage

I loved Cane Garden’s lobster pizza and so did a lot of other people. So guess what. Since they dropped it from the menu I don’t go there any more. Everything else on their menu can be ordered at other CC restaurants that are mostly more attractive than CG
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

Tags
requested, sense, manager, serve, cane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.