Cane Garden Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Thumbs up Cane Garden Country Club

First off I have to say having excellent dining companions help make a meal complete. I found the Meatloaf Sicilian to be excellent with superb mashed potatoes and gravy and garlic bread. Our waitress was very polite and friendly. I also liked the decor and atmosphere of the place. We most definately will dine there again.

Last edited by Ad poster; 01-26-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
First off I have to say having excellent dining companions help make a meal complete. I found the Meatloaf Sicilian to be excellent with superb mashed potatoes and gravy and garlic bread. Our waitress was very polite and friendly. I also liked the decor and atmosphere of the place. We most definately will dine there again.
Cane Garden is my "local", and most of the time they get it right. The few times they don't, they make it better.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

One of the more consistent CC's here in The Villages. Always a good meal and fine people working there.
Nancy
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 PM

WE went to Cane Garden for the first time Wednesday night. It won't be the last time. I had the twin small filets and they were heavenly. Salad was good. Service was great. Only complaint was the Vegetable of the day Squash...not my favorite.
This CC definitely makes the "short list" of places we love to go~
Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Dancing Thyme

Last night, we had the pork roast special. It was fantastic. Melted like butter in your mouth. I found out something new, if you don't like the veggie that comes with it, they gave us sauteed spinach which was delicious.

I had the petite twin filets a few weeks ago, and they were also wonderful. Never had a bad meal there, or bad service.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosygail View Post
WE went to Cane Garden for the first time Wednesday night. It won't be the last time. I had the twin small filets and they were heavenly. Salad was good. Service was great. Only complaint was the Vegetable of the day Squash...not my favorite.
This CC definitely makes the "short list" of places we love to go~
I had no desire it eat spinach, mixed vegatables, and the other choice so I chose extra taters.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Veteran member

Great for Fresh Roast Turkey dinner with all the fixings on Sundays and Lamb Shanks on Thursdays...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Sage

Great Happy Hour, too.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Gold member

If you like lamb, Cane Garden's Thursday night Irish special includes a lamb shank that is out of this world. We like the restaurant and the service has always been perfect.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Wink Cane Garden...yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Great Happy Hour, too.
And their Margaritas are fresh, doesn't taste like some canned stuff.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:49 AM

For all you liver lovers out there, Cane serves a very good liver and onions. Yum.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Had lunch there today, it was excellent. We both had the pineapple salad with chicken salad and cottage cheese - great food and excellent service. Will definitely be a regular eating place for us.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Another thumbs up for Cane Garden. It's our favorite club restaurant. Hubby always orders the twin filets. I mix it up, and it's always good. Never a bad meal and their wine, by the bottle, is the best deal in town.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:58 PM

Best onion rings in The Villages, very light batter with yummy dipping sauce. I always get an order for the table when I eat there, as I did yesterday. Everyone (party of 6 at lunch) enjoyed everything.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I believe we had dinner together and yes it was a very nice evening! Cane Garden is one if our favorites too! Good food, and close to home!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.