Cane Garden Country Club restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Question? who told you that Cane was next to close!
OK true confession I predicted this. Look up my posts. I was also the first to predict on this site Demshar's gone from SS and the La Reina building would be apartments also after Katie Belle's was announced. After Hacienda Hills why wouldn't Cane Gardens be in the cross hairs ? Because it is two miles from Sumter Landing. So is Hacienda Hills from Spanish Springs, The other thing Hacienda had going for it was a great swimming pool with hot tub and Tiki Bar. All of which had a great following. There was no problem with demand. Unless Cane Gardens has solved the water with lemon drinkers I see no reason why HH couldn't make more money than Cane.I'm all ears why Cane Garden is not next. Face it - up scale apartments seems to be a much higher profit maker than renting out a building to a concessionaire.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
OK true confession I predicted this.

The other thing Hacienda had going for it was a great swimming pool with hot tub and Tiki Bar. All of which had a great following.
So, it was just made up fake-news to stir the pot.

By the way, ALL VILLAGERS will have open access to the new pool at the proposed apartments, not priority pay-to-play memberships like before.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:27 PM

Biggest difference was HH was in terrible shape, served horrible food and had become a lousy place to go. Pool and tiki bar will not keep a restaurant open. Obviously it had big issues as none of the restaurant groups in TV would even touch it even though they have gone after other embattled country club restaurants. Do not like the idea of apartments but understand that no one is going to sit on valuable property for long making no money.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:09 PM

OMG You have a basement?
Old 09-17-2020, 06:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

By the way, ALL VILLAGERS will have open access to the new pool at the proposed apartments, not priority pay-to-play memberships like before.
Would the pool be, family, adult, or sports ? What time will it be open until ? Will it have a handicap lift ? Are they replacing the hot tub also ? What is the source of the information ?
Old 09-17-2020, 06:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Would the pool be, family, adult, or sports ? What time will it be open until ? Will it have a handicap lift ? Are they replacing the hot tub also ? What is the source of the information ?
You got called out for lying about "rumors".

Use your Search button (but here's a hint - it will be open to ALL VILLAGERS). You'll find it unless you are blind to positive news.

First sign of failing in a debate - You're just asking rhetorical questions now because you've lost the argument. Take it like a man (woman?) and move on.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Cane Garden vs Hacienda

Quote:
OK true confession I predicted this. Look up my posts. I was also the first to predict on this site Demshar's gone from SS and the La Reina building would be apartments also after Katie Belle's was announced. After Hacienda Hills why wouldn't Cane Gardens be in the cross hairs ? Because it is two miles from Sumter Landing. So is Hacienda Hills from Spanish Springs, The other thing Hacienda had going for it was a great swimming pool with hot tub and Tiki Bar. All of which had a great following. There was no problem with demand. Unless Cane Gardens has solved the water with lemon drinkers I see no reason why HH couldn't make more money than Cane.I'm all ears why Cane Garden is not next. Face it - up scale apartments seems to be a much higher profit maker than renting out a building to a concessionaire.

The BIG difference is HH was empty for over a year. Cane Garden has an open restaurant. Making up rumors can hurt existing businesses.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The BIG difference is HH was empty for over a year. Cane Garden has an open restaurant. Making up rumors can hurt existing businesses.
You are so right.

But the guy who posted the lie doesn't care, as long as it fits his/her agenda.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

A month ago I wrote that I thought Cane Garden, once our favorite restaurant had again improved. So Sorry! Last week I ordered a Cheese Burger, Medium Rare and some Chicken Tenders to go. When I got home, I opened the box and found a overcook piece of meat with cheese on it and NO ROLL. Seriously. Who serves a hamburger with no roll. My wife got chicken tenders. Two were good, the third looked like it had been cooked several hours before. It was very well done and had grill marks on it where it was warmed up. I did go back and the manager apologized . The bartender had put in the correct order. The kitchen staff has no clue. Good Bye Cane Garden.

Last edited by bilcon; 09-17-2020 at 07:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-17-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage

Quote:

Yes. Most people would be able to digest that when a sentence starts with "word on the street" However very common to many rumors there usually is a thread of reasonableness behind it. The reasonable part here is what is a more profitable business renting a restaurant to a concessionaire or leasing high end apartment with views that premium lots in TV are going for an extra $150K ? The precedent has been set via the HH experience. Name calling does not get to the heart of what I consider a serious turn of events here in TV. Why Cane Garden ? Because it is probably in the worst shape of all the CC at the moment. Why bring it up ? Because people have a tendency to blow off what's not in their backyard. The point why won't your backyard be next. Time to voice an opinion is now - either way. If we keep it civilized it will most likely be more informative.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Well if I follow your logic, or your fake news, Why wouldn't it be Palmer? Its closer to Sumter Landing. The course is never full, where Cane leads in rounds of golf. The restaurant change ownership but has come back, and seems to doing better. Please note, the difference between HH and Cane was the HH restaurant was AWFUL, and falling apart. FYI, no one has mention ANY golf courses closing, and yes I know you didn't state golf, but guesses, predictions, rumors, lead to "the sky is falling!"
Old 09-17-2020, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Yes. Most people would be able to digest that when a sentence starts with "word on the street" However very common to many rumors there usually is a thread of reasonableness behind it. The reasonable part here is what is a more profitable business renting a restaurant to a concessionaire or leasing high end apartment with views that premium lots in TV are going for an extra $150K ? The precedent has been set via the HH experience. Name calling does not get to the heart of what I consider a serious turn of events here in TV. Why Cane Garden ? Because it is probably in the worst shape of all the CC at the moment. Why bring it up ? Because people have a tendency to blow off what's not in their backyard. The point why won't your backyard be next. Time to voice an opinion is now - either way. If we keep it civilized it will most likely be more informative.

Sorry, opinions are one thing. Even actual rumors are another. But a LIE is something the speaker or poster KNEW was false and chose to go with it anyway.

Here's what someone wrote:

"Word is Cane is next in line to become an apartment building."

Let's leave it to each reader to determine if that was fact, opinion, or a big fat fib.

Have a great day!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry, opinions are one thing. Even actual rumors are another. But a LIE is something the speaker or poster KNEW was false and chose to go with it anyway.

Here's what someone wrote:

"Word is Cane is next in line to become an apartment building."

Let's leave it to each reader to determine if that was fact, opinion, or a big fat fib.

Have a great day!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Well if I follow your logic, or your fake news, Why wouldn't it be Palmer? Its closer to Sumter Landing. The course is never full, where Cane leads in rounds of golf. The restaurant change ownership but has come back, and seems to doing better. Please note, the difference between HH and Cane was the HH restaurant was AWFUL, and falling apart. FYI, no one has mention ANY golf courses closing, and yes I know you didn't state golf, but guesses, predictions, rumors, lead to "the sky is falling!"
Palmer appears to be in good shape. Also it is a namesake flagship of TV. The HH closing is baffling. If CC restaurants are such a good business why did HH sit closed for a year ? Why didn't another concessionaire lease it ? The last concessionaire I think was the same group that had Glenview, and Beers of The World. I read somewhere here (and no I'm not starting a rumor) there was some issues with the building. Do you remember when the developer sold El Santiago to the district and during the remodel it was discovered some serious structure issues and they tore the whole building down. Then the developer tried to sell HH to the district and this time the district said no thanks.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:52 AM

BTW I agree with drcar
Closed Thread

Tags
cane, restaurant, garden, venues, palmer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.