Cane Garden going private

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsandi1 View Post
Hey guys When the developer was running the restruants....they WERE Cheeeeper and the Food Was ALSO BETTER!! So Don't complain about him having his hand in Our pockets....I've Been here a Long time and the Food has NOT Improved and Prices and Not near as good!!
The best restaurant we've ever had in the Villages was Augustine's, which was run by the developer . .. and it was our only brew house! The food was certainly better then and the food will never be cheaper or even as cheap again because of the increase in everything across the board.
I have NO complaints against the developer having his hand in my pocket as long as I can choose to use or not use his services.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Default Bring back Augustines!

I fully agree about Augies being the best we have had in the 10 years I have been here. The all-you-can-eat spaghetti with fabulous salad and breadsticks for $8.95 washed down with your choice of fabulous Father Renaldo's award winning lager can never be topped! Cafe Ole across the street also had very good food and was always a fun place to go. Tierra del Sol was always in our top 5 with a different special every night and all the food was delicious, but after 2-3 new owners and their attempt at becoming a supper club rather than a great restaurant, the food and prices will never be the same. The developer always had a knack for good food at affordable prices but I'm afraid our clamoring for chain food has driven the prices up and the good cooks away.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Eternal Member

So miss Augustines & Cafe Ole. Our first year here in 1999, we had New Year's Eve dinner at Augustines then went & enjoyed the square. Got our drinks at the old Model T cars.
My delicious pasta salad with Lobster at Tierra.
Having fun at Santiago.
The servers at Katie Belles used to wear those long old fashioned dresses & would bring the salad wheel to your table. Tuesdays was $1.00 burger then we'd go upstairs & shoot pool. It was great fun.
Gotta "LOVE" the Villages !!!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Default Please say it's not so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Owners of Bonifay taking over Cane Jan. 1
OMG, Please say this is only a rumor. Cane is my favorite of all CC restaurants. The quality of food, presentation and everything about the place is excellent (maybe not the severs), however, Bonifay owners should consider keeping the same chef if they want repeat business to Cane after the 1st of the year. My only prayer is that this really isn't true....

I don't know who is the owner of Bonifay, but it clearly is not someone skilled in the culinary arts. If you don't believe this, just try eating there one time. My guess is that you won't make a return visit.

Something must be said about those who give recommendations about CC eateries, including myself. But, I can tell you that if you are a good cook or even a half decent cook, you must know that Cane is far superior in food quality and consistency than other CC eateries. Lopez and Palmer still maintain a resonable standing, but their prices are far more expensive than Cane.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Default In response

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
Didn't someone post on TOTV recently that the "owners" of the Bonifay restaurant were actually connected to the developer? If so then I would think the developer may be distancing himself from the restaurant business but still have his hands in the pot so to speak.

Post #11 on the attached thread is what I was referring to.
Bonifay Country Club
I'm beginning to think that there is something to this as a result of a recent post I just made that required monitoring and for what reason is unknown only that I didn't speak well of Cane being taken over by Bonifay...
Old 11-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Oh yes the invisible hand of the Developer once again reaches into another pocket
... Charleston .... Charleston .... Charleston ...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbl8114 View Post
I'm beginning to think that there is something to this as a result of a recent post I just made that required monitoring and for what reason is unknown only that I didn't speak well of Cane being taken over by Bonifay...
GJ...nothing nefarious going on here. There is some quirk in the TOTV software that selectively throws some posts into moderation status if the member has less than 10 posts. The new Admin has been trying to track down where and how it happens.

So, until this is fixed, the admin or Moderator has to see there are "moderated" posts and manually approve them for full visibility. Your post is now visible to all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.