CANE GARDEN - Not so good!

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Default Food poisoning

I'm sure that the length of time for food poisoning to occur after eating the problem food can vary quite a bit, but it can definitely occur in 3 hours or less. I've been lucky, and have only had food poisoning once in my life. I went to lunch years ago with five friends at work. Three hours after we ate the first got sick, and four hours later all were extremely sick. Between us, we had eaten several different types of sandwiches, but we all had mayonnaise, which was the culprit.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have been hesitant about ging to restaurants and now with news about china buffett and Cane Garden I am getting really really concerned
What about touching the cart handles at WalMart?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What about touching the cart handles at WalMart?
Hopefully you're not licking the cart handles.....or are you?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Hopefully you're not licking the cart handles.....or are you?
What??
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Welcome to the TOTV forum, Luke. It is always a pleasure to welcome such a positive person with their first post!

Next time you have an issue like this as has been said do it face to face. Over the phone ask for the name of the manager, then ask to speak to them. You may still have not spoken to the real manager, but you do have a name. Then pursue the next level up in the food chain (pun intended ). Now armed with the name you have what you need to present your case.

If it were me, I would be there in person.

I know that when you get the right person in the management/owner line up you will be treated fairly/appropriately.

We have been going to Cain Gardens restaurant regularly weekly since the day they opened. We rank them as better than most of the other club reastaurants. And we never met anybody that works there with attitude.

Maybe you had a bad day for some reason?

Please do try to get to the real people in charge. And if they resolve it please be as informative to us as your OP.

Welcome to TOTV.

btk
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM

Cane Garden needs a major refurbishing - inside is so dated and dark. I hate sitting outside with the birds coming down and sitting on the tables that haven't been cleared yet. Also the menu could use a good updating. Same old stuff on the menu and not a lot of healthy choices. Cane Garden is not my favorite.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2walk View Post
Cane Garden needs a major refurbishing - inside is so dated and dark. I hate sitting outside with the birds coming down and sitting on the tables that haven't been cleared yet. Also the menu could use a good updating. Same old stuff on the menu and not a lot of healthy choices. Cane Garden is not my favorite.
Aren't we lucky that we have an incredible number of restaurants available to us? If we don't like the food or service, we can just vote with our feet and move on.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Aren't we lucky that we have an incredible number of restaurants available to us? If we don't like the food or service, we can just vote with our feet and move on.

True - and we've voted with our feet on out of The Villages. In quite a few cases, the country club dining experience is not so great. I was at Havana last night at 6:30 and the place was almost dead. There are some really nice restaurants close to or not that far from The Villages.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 AM

We finally gave Havanna another chance Monday night and actually saw an improvement. The service was good, the food came out hot and tasty in a reasonable amount of time. I am encouraged.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
so true, barefoot! and we enjoy walking on into cane garden to dine! will not ever dine outdoors antwhere - but have enjoyed a libation on that patio - sans birds and unattended tables! guess that could be a timing thing.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Was at Havana last week around 12:30 for lunch and there were only 4 other folks in the restaurant. Food was okay, service not so good. Do wish this place would get its act together.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
True - and we've voted with our feet on out of The Villages. In quite a few cases, the country club dining experience is not so great. I was at Havana last night at 6:30 and the place was almost dead. There are some really nice restaurants close to or not that far from The Villages.
That's funny -- we were at Havana from 6:00 to 8:00 last night (Thursday)and it was crowded, Danny and Johnny were performing and many people were dancing and many more were eating. Which Havana were you looking at?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjay23 View Post
That's funny -- we were at Havana from 6:00 to 8:00 last night (Thursday)and it was crowded, Danny and Johnny were performing and many people were dancing and many more were eating. Which Havana were you looking at?
We were there at about 6:30ish on the putting green, and only saw maybe 4-5 tables on the patio occupied. Didn't hear any music either.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemckain View Post
In spite of Villagers popular opinion, CANE GARDEN doesn't do much for me anymore. My wife and I went there on 3/24/13 at 3:00 in the afternoon. Server was good, food was acceptable. But then I got sick, and I don't mean queasy. I got food poisoning, and I believe it was from the Rueben I ate. I called there the next day, asked for the manager, and after literally a 5 minute wait, someone came on the line and I told them my story. The reply was, AND I QUOTE, "you can't prove it so why are we talking about this...I'm busy" CLICK! We won't ever go back there again.
Wow that was really RUDE of them. Hope you feel better!!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjay23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
We were there at about 6:30ish on the putting green, and only saw maybe 4-5 tables on the patio occupied. Didn't hear any music either.
I guess billjay is lying?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.