Cane Garden Restaurant

Cane Garden Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Gold member

Just got back from there. Service was horrible and food was mediocre at best. How bad was the service ? I normally tip 20 - 25%. I left nothing and that is the first time I have done that in a long long time.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Went there about a week ago. It is so loud in there we had trouble carrying on a normal conversation. Food was ok, but waitress acted as if she had a train to catch! She was actually rude in her rush to get us out, we were so happy to get out . In no way was it a relaxing Sunday afternoon meal with friends.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
We have been regular patrons of the Cane Garden restaurant for quite some time. Something has happened.
Yup! Long time chef, Louis Santiago left here. He now is the chef at Arnold Palmer Legends CC working for Chad. Expect menu changes there.

Skip
Old 07-06-2019, 08:04 AM

Understand the opinions about the food and the service but do not understand complaints about the noise. If it is your go to eatery, are they piping in noise thru speakers, did they tear down walls and is the noise volume in a long standing restaurant an issue of the management or the patrons on that day. If you are a regular do you not know what the level of noise is inside a restaurant? It is justifiable to complain about service and food/drink issues but really some things are beyond changes without large outlays of money. Please be fair with your reviews!
Old 07-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Whenever management changes, this always happens. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad. We will have to stop by an check it out!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Sage

I’ve always loved CC. Recommended it to newbies without hesitation. Was there about a month ago. To say that things were dismal was putting it politely. Straw wrappers under every table. Dropped food under several. Waitress had too many tables to serve anyone in a timely manner. Food was mediocre, at best. Quite honestly, my daughter could have fixed a better meal and she isn’t the best cook in town. I will give it one more chance but my expectations aren’t too high at this point.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-08-2019, 03:46 AM

We have gone there every Sunday for years and feel the breakfast has gotten better
Old 07-08-2019, 04:45 AM

Yes, even the dinners are not the same...no ownership...
Old 07-08-2019, 05:07 AM

We eat at Cane frequently. The food was pretty good as usual, but the service the last couple of visits was not good! There are too many other good options to put up with that.
Cane Garden down hill
Old 07-08-2019, 05:48 AM

Default Cane Garden down hill

Went there for breakfast and was very disappointed. The food had an off taste. Like the cooking oil was bad. We told the waitress and she relayed our complaint to her manager who never came forward to speak to us. The potatoes were cold, the omelette was not three eggs. My wife left most of her food on the plate and we were never compensated for thr bad food. The manager told the waitress that there is nothing wrong with our food even though it was served cold. Not going back for breakfast. Also had poor quality steak on their Tuesday night special.

Tags
cooked, cane, restaurant, garden, avail