Cane Garden Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Yes there was change made at the top. Most people don’t accept change well! When this happens it is not usually a good result no matter what the new owner says. Been there several times since and don’t see the better servers anymore, only 1 remains. TOO BAD
Old 07-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Default Cane Garden

Yes...we have also been disappointed. It's just not the same & it's always been our favorite co club to eat at because of the food, prices, service & atmosphere. They definitely need to remodel it & brighten it up a little too! The dark atmosphere doesn't help any & the quality & quanity just isn't there anymore...
Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Default Cane Garden- too bad - don’t enjoy anymore.

The food is just so so. It would be more enjoyable if the owner would get rid of the dark and dirty curtains and update the decor to light colors and materials. The old decorations are way past their prime and should be trashed. There have been a few new wait staff who have been very pleasant and seem to enjoy their work. That’s refreshing. Apparently the new owner thinks that doing a few repairs while staying open is a good idea. I’m here to say IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. BITE THE BULLET MAN AND DO A COMPLETE JOB with the doors closed and your remaining customers will look forward to coming back and the ones you have lost will want to return. Also, get a chef who knows how to cook.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:10 AM

I should probably know this, but what is a CC?
Old 07-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdw0303 View Post
I should probably know this, but what is a CC?
Country Club
Old 07-08-2019, 11:08 AM

Had coconut shrimp there on 7/7
They were outstanding.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Default canegarden country ckub

Yes. Had dinner there twice last week. The herbed whitefish was excellent as was the salmon wrap.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Default I have been hearing that fro more than one patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
We have been regular patrons of the Cane Garden restaurant for quite some time. Something has happened. On the last two Sunday mornings we have been there for breakfast. The quality of the food is not good. Home fries that are cold, pancakes cooked on the outside but gummy and not cooked on the inside. The presentation of the plate is terrible. I did speak with the manager to no avail. Will give it one more try in a few weeks but will be going elsewhere. Anyone else have similar experiences?
I have been hearing that often lately
Old 07-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Default Cane CC

I believe the manager, who thought he would be purchasing Cane, left and is now at Palmer's and he took some kitchen staff with him. That could be the problem. However, I always liked Cane and hope the food and service go back to the greatness of before. We haven't gone to Palmer's in a long time. I hope that he is able to make some needed improvements to Palmer's.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Sage

just saw on the unmentionable news site, the Cane Garden is having trouble passing food and health inspections--they better get their act together or they will be on the same path that caused Hacienda Hills & Glenview to fail
Old 07-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I’m going back to Codie’s at Brownwood. They are passing inspections and the food is great.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Apparently CC has failed it's last 2 health department inspections, and not minor violations either. Food items stored next to pesticide containers, employees coming in from outside after smoking and not washing hands, employees putting on gloves without washing hands, etc. What a shame. I don't get it. A new owner buys the place in January for a significant amount of $$ and doesn't do the right thing to retain staff and clean up the place. This owner is setting themselves up for failure. It would take so little to return Cane to a great gathering place.

If I were the Developer, I'd include language in every restaurant lease that owners must maintain compliance with the health authorities, provide a clean inviting venue and properly trained staff. I'd also have quarterly reviews to make sure the lease standards are being maintained. Just my thoughts after a 32 year career running restaurants.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 PM

Have always enjoyed this place, especially the food. But, we went there last week and both had the pancakes. Tough , rubbery and falling apart. Only one meal , but wonder if the quality is going downhill. New cooks ?
Bartender / server Lynda was as efficient and cheerful as ever.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:10 AM

There is a closed thread which started last December on this same topic (search Cane Garden). There are 87 posted comments which confirms that many residents have noticed a deterioration since Cane Garden was sold. We loved Cane Garden but after a few disappointing visits we have sadly crossed them off our list.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

From a 7/18 Facebook post:

My name is Nikki and my husband is Bob. I would like to introduce ourselves to you. We are the owners of Cane Garden as well as Amerikanós in Spanish Springs. We know there has been some rumors circulating as to who the owners are. We have been in the restaurant business most of our lives. We moved from Nevada two years ago where we owned and operated restaurants. We purchased Amerikanós from the Suleiman’s one year ago and purchased Cane Garden at the end of last year. We have not changed the food or the recipes. Evan is the same chef who has been there since the beginning. Most of the cooks are the same cooks that have been there. The general manager who was at Cane retired when we arrived. But we still have Pam who is amazing and has been here since the beginning. We also still have our amazing bartenders and staff out on the floor. We don’t want to change anything except for the obvious. We just replaced all the kitchen equipment and recently put new carpet in. We will be doing some more updating in the kitchen and anywhere else that will make a more enjoyable experience for you. We will not be closing for any extended period of time as some have rumored. We love Cane Garden and The Villages. We are not a group or a corporation. We love our staff who have been here since the beginning. We would love to answer any questions you have. Please let us know. We look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
cooked, cane, restaurant, garden, avail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.