Cane Garden Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Default Cane garden still great

I have eaten at the cane garden twice since the new ownership. I have not noticed a decline in food or service . I am a retired chef of 40 years.

M.A
Old 11-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Default Cane food

As a newly established owner I came to Cane Gardens without knowing how it was previously. They had the Sunday turkey special available and I thought it was great. The lobster bisque soup was amazing with chunks of lobster and it was in a bowl not a small cup that is 'normally' served. The turkey was moist and seemed to me to be from a regular turkey not a processed one and the large dessert of spice cake and ice cream was excellent. I returned several times and was happy with the meals I had..
Old 11-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Has anyone noticed the quality of the food and service has gone down hill since the new owners took over? I used to look forward to Tuesday nights and the prime rib but no longer. The last few times the prime rib was lousy and the service matches. Over half the tables on the outdoor patio were empty but there was still a 30 minute wait. I was told they had a wasp problem. One of the waitresses told me it was a staffing problem. What are they going to do when the snowbirds arrive if they can't staff when it is slower. Also the prime rib i had was tough and chewey and not good at all. Will be looking for a new place to get my prime rib and spend Tuesday evenings.
Yes it has gone downhill - our golf group has stopped going there for breakfast.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Has anyone noticed the quality of the food and service has gone down hill since the new owners took over? I used to look forward to Tuesday nights and the prime rib but no longer. The last few times the prime rib was lousy and the service matches. Over half the tables on the outdoor patio were empty but there was still a 30 minute wait. I was told they had a wasp problem. One of the waitresses told me it was a staffing problem. What are they going to do when the snowbirds arrive if they can't staff when it is slower. Also the prime rib i had was tough and chewey and not good at all. Will be looking for a new place to get my prime rib and spend Tuesday evenings.
Ever since Louis left, straight downhill. Louis was the manager who opened Cane Garden and did a fantastic job.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Sage

The proof will be in a few years or less when its time to renew their lease--bad food and mgt , killed all the restaurants in the space that is now occupied by the Chop House, Bluefin, Havana, Legacy,Naldos and a few others I can't think of
Old 11-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

I find the food still excellent as is the wait staff. One of the hostesses, however, does have a bit of an attitude. Still my favorite place for drinks and food overall.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 AM

We too found it is starting to go down a little. Frequent Sunday mornings for breakfast and it is less and less on the plate each time and price increased. Love our waitress but better food at other restaurants.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:45 AM

We had breakfast there a while back, maybe 4 weeks ago and food was not good. We told the server and she relayed our complaint to the manager. The manager sent a message back that their food was fine and didn’t even come to our table. We never went back for breakfast again. We did have a few lunches there after that bad experience and we had no issues. Just average lunches. Don't get the prime rib on Tuesdays it was not good.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:09 PM

Saturday we had 14 couples enjoying lunch after golf. Everyone enjoyed the food and the service was great!
Old 11-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Sage

Wow, a party of 28 descending on a restaurant for lunch, you have to believe the camaraderie was the major factor--in a party atmosphere everything is great

good for your enjoyment
Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Unfortunately we moved from TV & Cane's was one of our favorite places to eat. I guess when we come back to visit,we won't be going there! I've learned a lot from Talk of the Villages since we still get their website. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2019, 02:01 PM

We used to enjoy going to the bar for drinks, food and conversation. The bartenders were excellent. Great service. Great attitudes.

Since they all left the atmosphere has changed for the worse. Not only are the bar staff not as good, the fellow with the dark beard is awful. It appears that the patrons are just getting in his way.

As said above, there are better places
Old 11-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage

When the Cane was good, it was two steps better than Evans Prairie, and its sister clubs , now it is two steps below them--we now consider going to Evans Prairie for a last minute meal when we don't feel like cooking --prior to the changes @ the Cane , we would put Evans Prairie on our back burner list

And, this a big AND--has any one in recent memory seen the chef, owner or mgr cruise among the patrons @ the Cane
Old 11-04-2019, 07:16 PM

I wanted to order the thick steaks along with the gobs of butter potato mash, downing it wish "classic" sodas. Although I did enjoy the drippings, the quality of what was served wasn't the way it should be. I even took my grandkids Taylor and Hunter for a breakfast brunch. All they wanted was selections made from grassy plants! I told them that this place only serves "real" food, even if that real food is getting worse!
PS..when I told them this. they wanted to leave with their mother! I told them they will be missing out!
Are these facts for real?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Default Cane Garden

I had breakfast at Cane Garden last Sunday along with 5 friends. The quality of food was exceptional but the quality of the service certainly detracted from an otherwise positive experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
prime, rib, tuesday, problem, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.