Cattle Baron

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts
Default Cattle Baron

I've always enjoyed Cattle Baron for the atmosphere and secondarily for the food. And it's a fun place to take out of town guests.

Went there last night for dinner. Cactus Jack was at Katie Belle's which provided some really good entertainment from our table with a view. After placing our order we headed to the salad, soup, and bread bar as usual. But it's only a salad bar now. The soup is from the menu and bread (no variety) is brought to the table. Our waitress explained that this was a decision by the new owner(s) and that it hasn't been popular with the regular diners. Not a total deal breaker but still disappointing.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Eternal Member

It's a shame because we've it enjoyed for many years. The prices were awesome! I have always wondered how long it would continue because it's definitely not a money maker.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage

The new menu at Cattle Baron is higher in price than before but not unaffordable by any means. The only item that I noticed went up considerably was the escargot appetizer which may have been the best bargain in The Viilages. At $6.99 it is still reasonable.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I've always enjoyed Cattle Baron for the atmosphere and secondarily for the food. And it's a fun place to take out of town guests.

Went there last night for dinner. Cactus Jack was at Katie Belle's which provided some really good entertainment from our table with a view. After placing our order we headed to the salad, soup, and bread bar as usual. But it's only a salad bar now. The soup is from the menu and bread (no variety) is brought to the table. Our waitress explained that this was a decision by the new owner(s) and that it hasn't been popular with the regular diners. Not a total deal breaker but still disappointing.
There are new owners?
It's a surprise to me...when did this occur?
Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Bummer, we are going there tomorrow night with outoftown family - first time here. The soup and bread bar was a very nice feature. new owners - better be careful... NOT TOO MANY CHANGES - TVrs don't reckon to like that... we can be fickle.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Default cattle barons

We had the same reaction..WAS a great place..Soup -GONE, Bread-GONE, Menu choices reduced_gone ...it's too bad. Menu used to have so many choices. Not the same place. .. Customers- GONE. they better listen to the voice of the customer.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:

Is the new menu online?
What did you order and how did you like it?
I have never been upstairs. Is there a cover charge?
Katie Bells always reminded me of the Whoop De Doo Review in Disney, in a good way.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Always been yuckie and looks like it still is!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Is the new menu online?
What did you order and how did you like it?
I have never been upstairs. Is there a cover charge?
Katie Bells always reminded me of the Whoop De Doo Review in Disney, in a good way.
I'm not sure if there is or was an online menu. I had the filet with bernaise sauce. The steak was cooked pefectly but average. The bernaise sauce was nondescript. My wife had the talapia and she was very happy. There wasn't a cover charge last night. We were both treated to very good service.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Sage

Word to the wise avoid eating Tilapia--its loaded with the bad Omega oil--its akin to slamming your attires shut , check out Tilapia --poison fish
Old 03-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

My attires are fine, and I don't think eating Tilapia once in a while is going to kill you.
Check this article out too snopes.com: Tilapia Warning Ask where your fish came from. It's Chinese tilapia you don't want to eat.

Now, back to Cattle Baron...
Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Platinum member

Anyone know who the new owners are? We've been going to the fashion shows for 4 years and the price jumped $4 this year.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My attires are fine,

Now, back to Cattle Baron...
Did you need to wear a jacket and tie? I have fine attires too if it's required.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quite disappointed with my first visit to Cattle Baron's Club yesterday.

We had heard a lot of good things about it, so we got dressed up (unlike virtually everyone else) and I ordered one of their "specialty" steaks. It wasn't awful; just not up to what I was expecting from a place that suggests its steaks might be above average.

However, the entertainment was excellent and the house wines were very good and reasonably-priced.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:59 PM

I also heard that is no longer residence only but now workers of TV can now use Cattle Baron.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.