Cattle Baron Club

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
The Cattle Baron's club is my favorite restaurant on a short list.......
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I would not take anyone at all to Cattle Baron Club. The place is disgusting. The food is oversalted, the service is surly, the manager is obnoxious.

Take my advice and go to a good place instead. The best place for my money is Ruby Thai at Lake Sumter Landing. Order the talapia ruby thai (medium heat) and you will be well pleased.

Once again, stay far,far away from Cattle Baron Club.
Thai Ruby is excellent -- will be back there to eat in October.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Has anyone else noticed the soup and salad bar at the Cattle Baron Club has NO sneeze guard over it. We were there for dinner last Sat. while waiting in line for a salad the guy in front of us was coughing and sneezing while building a salad. We had to pass on the salad bar!
It is unfortunate about the lack of a sneeze guard over the salads, interesting though, they have one over the dressings? Perhaps the comments here will persuade management to remedy that important flaw in their serving process.

As for some of the comments, I feel the remarks against the Cattle Barron Club are unfair. We eat there often and have always enjoyed good service and the food for the price is above average. When we have guests visiting, we always treat them to an evening at the Cattle Barron Club. You cannot please everyone and the comments above certainly prove it! As for the salt in the soups, I have high blood pressure and understand the concern. But, I have the soup because everything is fine in moderation. I eat there once every two weeks at best and a bowl of soup with a bit more salt then desired certainly is not a health threat.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Has anyone else noticed the soup and salad bar at the Cattle Baron Club has NO sneeze guard over it. We were there for dinner last Sat. while waiting in line for a salad the guy in front of us was coughing and sneezing while building a salad. We had to pass on the salad bar!
It is unfortunate about the lack of a sneeze guard over the salads, interesting though, they have one over the dressings? Perhaps the comments here will persuade management to remedy that important flaw in their serving process.

As for some of the comments, I feel the remarks against the Cattle Barron Club are unfair. We eat there often and have always enjoyed good service and the food for the price is above average. When we have guests visiting, we always treat them to an evening at the Cattle Barron Club. You cannot please everyone and the comments above certainly prove it! As for the salt in the soups, I have high blood pressure and understand the concern. But, I have the soup because everything is fine in moderation. I eat there once every two weeks at best and a bowl of soup with a bit more salt then desired certainly is not a health threat.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 AM

My wife and I ate out at The Cattle Baron Club recently and they had sneeze guards over all the soups, breads, and salad arrangements. The service was great, the food even better, and the drinks are the least expensive in the villages. The staff there always take good care of my entire family when they come down and we will continue to go there. We love this restaurant. I feel like golf2140 MORE ROOM FOR US.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I am one who is not shy about reporting unsatisfactory service or cleanliness issues to a manager. It is my longtime experience that, more often than not, it produces no results. It depends on the restaurant or chain. At some chains unsatisfactory food will be replaced or removed from the bill. Some places it won't. In some restaurants, the person who purports to be the manager is just the next unlucky employee sent out to deal with the complaint.

But the issue of reporting safety or cleanliness issues, more often than not, goes unheeded and mostly unwelcome. For example, we dined at a very popular restaurant in Ocala that is always packed. The service and food are great. The fire exit door in the dining room was jam packed with cleaning equipment, high chairs and boxes. The manager didn't give a rats ass when I mentioned it. The fire marshal did, though, when I called him.

There is a popular restaurant in Sumter Landing The last time I was there, the food service counter in the back was as the same location at the restroom doors. The service staff rubbed elbows with the restroom patrons. Every time the restroom doors opened they were inches from the fresh bread. I hope that's changed.

At another restaurant, I saw the table busser put the squeeze ketchup bottle in the tub with the dirty dishes and left over food. When I mentioned it to the server, she gasped and said, "I can't believe he did that, please tell the manager." When I did, the manager said, "Oh, that's okay, we wash them all before we put them back out." YA RIGHT.

BTW, we stopped going to Cattle Baron after one night when six of us went there for desert after a movie. The restaurant was nearly empty. We were told that desert and coffee were not permitted without having had dinner. My call the the manager the next morning was unproductive.

JLK
GO TO DENNYS
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.