Charging for Water?

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Sage

Which Dunkin Donuts is it? Willing to bet its the one in Brownwood a totally FUBAR operation=they fired all the previous staff who knew what they were doing, when they were bought out.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

And what about the cringeworthy Villages Cocktail where somebody orders water with lemon (or not) and then pulls out their own little packet of Crystal Light or whatever to mix in. [/SIZE]
My mother, who's family owned a restaurant back in the 40's told me during the night shift, bums would come in and order a cup of hot water. They would then take the ketchup and make tomato soup.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Wonder if they are targeting a specific type of customer coming in and asking for water with no other purchase?
The Spanish Springs location charged my father-in-law when he stopped in for a sandwich.

Personally, I think free water is simply a cost of doing business. It is far more customer friendly to absorb the cost of the cups, etc. into overhead than to unnecessarily alienate customers who have become accustomed to water being complimentary, like napkins, straws, lids, etc. (stores don't charge less if you don't take those items, so complimentary seems applicable).
Old 01-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
My mother, who's family owned a restaurant back in the 40's told me during the night shift, bums would come in and order a cup of hot water. They would then take the ketchup and make tomato soup.
And 75 years later they retired in the villages and go to Dunkin Donuts? Do they need help ironing their golf shirts?
Closed Thread

Tags
ahead, buy, charging, customers, drink, force, water, yall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.