Chefs of Napoli

Chefs of Napoli

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
How old is this girl who was trafficked?
Attorney General of Florida said not old enough to drive and she was forced to do these things on bare concrete covered with animal feces. And driven around by someone who was her "guardian". May he burn in Hell. Also the several men who accompanied this Luigi to have sex with her.

God Help Us
Old 05-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Platinum member

Unhappy God Help Us

God help us. Notes are still being submitted regarding the churches input and whether there is a gripe against the church.
Who cares. A bunch of bum's and animals attacked a child between the ages of 12 and 16 and the concern is the reputation of a church. A bunch of animals participated in Human Trafficing of a child and there is concern regarding the ownership of a restaurant or a churches reputation. Who the hell cares. Have we lost our moral values and the protection and concern for our children?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage

Attorney General Ashley Moody, FDLE Arrest Nine People For Charges Related to Human Trafficking |
Old 05-27-2019, 05:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
God help us. Notes are still being submitted regarding the churches input and whether there is a gripe against the church.
Who cares. A bunch of bum's and animals attacked a child between the ages of 12 and 16 and the concern is the reputation of a church. A bunch of animals participated in Human Trafficing of a child and there is concern regarding the ownership of a restaurant or a churches reputation. Who the hell cares. Have we lost our moral values and the protection and concern for our children?
God help us.

What notes? About what?

I think my concern is that the restaurant is no longer allowing profit to the guy who owned it, Luigi age 38, 6' 3" and 450 lbs and was arrested for having sex with this young girl and who brought several unnamed guys with him and some of you told me Luigi sold it...to his partner? The partner who got arrested for hitting someone with a sign named Tony ? Sign hitting is nothing compared to these horrendous sexual acts.

The current owner(s) of the restaurant are/is possibly being unfairly tainted by this awful event.

And thousands of members of a church are said to be unfeeling and unsympathetic.

That is the trouble with awfulness and why we so badly need to have media we can depend on to tell us the truth. Rumors abound.

If I ran the world anyone who sexually molests a child would be castrated or neutered. I think most people are fairly close to feeling the same way. I don't know why Luigi is out of the slammer. Money buys good lawyers?

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-27-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:09 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is the local arrests for sex trafficking and the involvement of a local restaurateur. Let's not turn this into a discussion of the Catholic Church and its controversies.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic is the local arrests for sex trafficking and the involvement of a local restaurateur. Let's not turn this into a discussion of the Catholic Church and its controversies.

Why not?
If the church has involved itself by making a statement about the incident, why should it not be discussed in that context
Old 05-27-2019, 07:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

. . . If I ran the world anyone who sexually molests a child would be castrated or neutered. I think most people are fairly close to feeling the same way. . .

I agree. And thus, what's good for the goose ...
Old 05-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Platinum member

Lightbulb Trickery

I fully understand the Moderator's point. In this case I specifically avoided mentioning the church or denomination since I did not want it to be about a church or religion but rather the need for some thoughts about the child who was so badly impacted by these bums. I was wrong to respond to a reader who demanded to know the specific church. I was trying to avoid the church or denomination as that was not at all relevant to the terrible act. In fact the input was in line with the original issue as it compared the "restaurant impact" to the "abused child". It is unfortunate the Thread was contaminated by my responding to a non relevant note demanding the religion as it was my attempt to not allow that and keep the subject on line. Why would it ever be important to know the specific religion and I should have stayed with my original intent to not allow that. The lesson is to be ever alert to a request that would divert the subject to a non part of the issue.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

How about we don't assume the role of Judge, Jury & Executioner. It's a very serious and horrible crime and all the facts are not public information. I've seen alot of assumptions in these many posts, not backed up by fact. The restaurant is changing their name and will hopefully survive having their establishment connected to this story. We have always enjoyed our meals there.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-27-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

I disagree. The original topic of this thread concerned the misrepresentation by an online newspaper of who owned the restaurant. It wasn't about the victim, the Catholic Church, or anything else.

People who stuck to the topic were then accused of not thinking about the victim. The same person who made the (erroneous) claim that nobody cared about the victim then went on to discussing a church pastor's speech.

The whole thread has veered way off of the original intent.