"Chefs of Napoli" chef arrested

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Default Crowded Parking Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
We visited the one on 301, south of 466. When we couldn't find a parking place we should have gotten clue. Normally a crowded parking lot is a sign of a good restaurant, but not this time. It took us three hours to get a crappy meal. Never again. Or if not "never", then a long enough time for this outfit to get its ducks in a row service-wise.

New businesses, particularly restaurants should take not of the well-known ground rule...

The good news about The Villages is that news travels fast. The bad news about The Villages is also that news travels fast.
It's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:04 AM

Did he assault someone at the restaurant or elsewhere?
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 PM

Been there 6-7 times and the meals keep getting better. The service goes from good to fair but I'm willing to suffer that little problem for the extraordinary food. Basically, they do simple dishes excellently. There is kind of an art (or dance) to working with front of the restaurant staff. Sometimes if all goes wrong but experienced diners can usually figure out the harried server with a kitchen that it way behind versus a clueless server that just can't seem to get the order right and try to move things along. But, sometimes there is just no air in the football.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf View View Post
It's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore.
i love yogi too
Old 01-22-2015, 10:28 PM

Went there today for lunch. Great food . Tomato sauce and the bread were excellent. To me these are the key ingredients in Italian restaurants. Oh , good vino too. ��
Old 01-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Love that place best true Italian food since moving from Chicago. Original dishes that are beyond excellent. service does go from just ok to awesome. We'll be regulars for sure. Hope whatever happened gets ironed out. I'm so relieved to finally have great Italian food around here!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
We were there in the beginning of January and the dinner was great...and to be honest, we're pretty picky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
We love it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue72 View Post
We ate there the other day for the first time. Food and service was excellent. Will definitely go back again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfunny View Post
Excellent food and great pizza!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Went there today for lunch. Great food . Tomato sauce and the bread were excellent. To me these are the key ingredients in Italian restaurants. Oh , good vino too. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Love that place best true Italian food since moving from Chicago. Original dishes that are beyond excellent. service does go from just ok to awesome. We'll be regulars for sure. Hope whatever happened gets ironed out. I'm so relieved to finally have great Italian food around here!
We've been there several times and agree with all of the above! We had heard that the service was "just ok" occasionally, but we personally have never experienced that. We took 90-year-old friends there to celebrate one of their birthdays, and the restaurant staff went all out to make the occasion so memorable!

Issues among their staff members that have nothing to do with patrons are none of my business. I'm not about to sit in judgment about something that I don't even know the whole story anyway. Besides, I'm too busy living my own life....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.