Chengs Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Chengs Restaurant

Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Sage

Is Chengs the restaurant that is in front of WalMart on 466?

I have not eaten there so I do not know anything about the food. I personally like Chinese food but my wife has dietary restrictions and cannot do Chinese.

The thing I find a little strange is that the restaurant is right next to a nail salon. Kind of an unappealing thing to me for those two businesses (run by same people?) being that close.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.
My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George
I agree. Chengs went totally downhill when the old staff departed.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Default Cheng's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Had lunch there today and the food is very good at a very reasonable price. Best Chinese in The Villages. Lacks what? To be fair, when you attack a restaurant, you should be specific.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Default Cheng's has gone down hill...

... we now go to KOYAME
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Default Good food at a good price

In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise View Post
In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.
Not fair to a business to bring up a thread that is two years old filled with negative comments.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:45 AM

I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise View Post
I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.
Sometimes it just helps a business to start a new thread about a good experience. Possibly they are new owners, new workers , etc,etc. I'm glad you liked it.....I do too. 😊
Old 02-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Default Chengs

I get their takeout Combo and eggplant & garlic sauce and it's best Chinese I have tasted in the Villages. Plenty of food that it lasts for several meals.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.