Chili's on 27/441

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default Chili's on 27/441

Well, my 1st day in TV, for the week at least. Since I've been on the road all of yesterday and most of today, my eating habits weren't the best, so this afternoon I decided to get something good to eat. I stopped at the aforementioned Chili's, got seated and waited and waited and waited. All the time, both tables front and back of me got serviced. I had taken a shower before I went, so I know I didn't smell. I asked to see a manager, and in a nice way (I know that doesn't sound like me, right?), told him I had been waiting more than 10 minutes, and the two tables around me had been waited on. All he could muster was "Sorry". So, I got up and said, again nicely, "Well, it's my 1st day here and I'm sorry I had to come to your restaurant" and walked out.

Will I go back there? I myself probably won't, but if my bride wants to (since she didn't have to suffer that agonizing wait today ), we probably will.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Sage

You waited a whole 10 minutes and weren't served? Yikes!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
You waited a whole 10 minutes and weren't served? Yikes!
Not served. Not waited on. I have ate at many of these restaurants over the years and the one in reference is one of the worst. In my home town it is one of our favorite spots to eat.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Sage

Even waited on, I don't consider 10 minutes an excessive amount of time.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Maybe you would if every table around you was getting prompt service.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Where is Chili's? Didn't realize we had one on campus.

Mr. Hogg, you should have gone to Cane Garden or Mallory or Lighthouse or Glenbrook or Too Jays to do your waiting. Very pleasant surroundings and lotsa villagers..
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Well, my 1st day in TV, for the week at least. Since I've been on the road all of yesterday and most of today, my eating habits weren't the best, so this afternoon I decided to get something good to eat. I stopped at the aforementioned Chili's, got seated and waited and waited and waited. All the time, both tables front and back of me got serviced. I had taken a shower before I went, so I know I didn't smell. I asked to see a manager, and in a nice way (I know that doesn't sound like me, right?), told him I had been waiting more than 10 minutes, and the two tables around me had been waited on. All he could muster was "Sorry". So, I got up and said, again nicely, "Well, it's my 1st day here and I'm sorry I had to come to your restaurant" and walked out.

Will I go back there? I myself probably won't, but if my bride wants to (since she didn't have to suffer that agonizing wait today ), we probably will.
So is it good to be back?
I'll catch you up.
Watch out for the circles, gates and clueless bike riders.
Don't forget to replace your divot and rake traps.
Buy your whiskey straight up.
Oh yea, some rude and miserable people have been spotted in the area.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 AM

As a regular patron of Chilis. I can only say what happened to you was unfortunate but is the rare exception not the rule. During this busy time of year and especially at peak times. All of the Resturants are serving at peak capacity and mistakes will occur.

I would certainly not judge Chilis as a Resturant with poor service. I would say the opposite and why my wife and I patronize them. Also they encourage all customers to fill out a survey to express your opinion on how they did in service and food quality.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Please don't enable an impatient person...mistakes happen and if you wait till you're upset there is no way to hide the animosity from your voice or how you look.

Waiting 10 minutes is nothing...all you had to do was wave down one of the wait staff and likely you would have been taken care of, but because you went immediately to the manager after only waiting a short time you set your impatience attitude up to for failure...
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Chilis is my wife's favorite restaurant. We've been going to that location at least once a month for 4 years. Never experienced the problem you did, and we normally always sit in the lounge. I like to watch the sports channels on TV. Even in that room with the bartender sometimes stuck waiting on us, we've gotten served in 5 minutes.

I like the way you can pay on the little machine on each table because sometimes you have to wait a long time for the waitress to bring your check and then to bring back your credit card at most restaurants. At Chilis you don't get a check, you just hit the pay bill button and it's on the screen. Slide your card, add the tip, and you're on your way. You should give them another try, although that location and the Ruby Tuesday not far away, are both some of the busiest ones I've been in, they usually get the job done and the food is very good.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Gold member

I think the fact that you had to wait while the others around you were served is miserable.....I absolutly hate it when that happens...in any restuarant.

But I would be willing to wait for there chicken crispers......with the honey dipping sauce....yummy...
Old 02-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Next time you are in a restaurant, when you sit down set a timer on your cell phone for 10 minutes. When the server brings your drinks don't drink them for 10 minutes. I think you will also agree that 10 minutes is way too long to wait to be served. It should be minutes when you are approached by a server, not 10.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In January and February and March it is high season here in The Villages. Lots of people are here in their own homes or are renting their homes out to other people. Not a one of them know how to cook.

So they all go to restaurants and they wait outside and in the front chairs and then they are seated and the servers are tryin' to get to everybody and serve them and the cookers are cookin' things as fast as they can but still we all have to WAIT.

And that's the truth.

I was shot off my horse during the Crusades and I will tell you that story another time.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Gold member

I ate there Friday night in a party of 12 and we had great service. quick with a very good waiter.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

I am trying to equate "agonizing" to a 10 minute wait. Were the two tables that were served before you also seated before you? If they arrived after you then that would bother any one of us. Maybe your table was next however.

Could it be that after a long day and a half of driving your patience was wearing a little thin? Perhaps time seems to drag on when you are sitting alone.

The Manager did say he was sorry but you did not feel it was sincere or appropriate. What could have been said to you to make things right so you don't write off the restaurant? If we all flipped off a restaurant for having to wait in excess of ten minutes we would only be left with eating at home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.