Chili's on 27/441

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Eternal Member

I don't mind sitting and waiting for my initial service if the waitress or someone would at least stop and say that he/she will be with me in a minute.

But when they keep serving other people and not even recognizing my presence, I get a little pi$$ed.

Sometimes, I will go the the person who sat me and ask them if there is a waitress for our table. Sometimes that helps.

And you can wave at the server all you want and they will not stop. I think they get tunnel vision and skip right by me.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We have been in that restaurant countless times and ordered take out from them. Never had an issue there. We may have had to wait our turn for our waitress when they were super busy and short staffed or the food line computers went down which happened once.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Gold member

Sometimes the nearby tables have different servers, with different workloads.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Wow , ten minutes and went right to the manager. Try waving (politely) to a waitress.............it usually works.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Other servers will pass on by if your table is not their table. Maybe your server was tied up with another order, in the restroom, on a break...who knows. We've always had good service there. Might have been "just one of those things". Try them again sometime and most likely you'll be glad you did.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Where is Chili's? Didn't realize we had one on campus.

Mr. Hogg, you should have gone to Cane Garden or Mallory or Lighthouse or Glenbrook or Too Jays to do your waiting. Very pleasant surroundings and lotsa villagers..
Chili's is on 441 in front of the Comfort Suites. It is golf cart accessible via Paige Place (I think that's the street) going west from Spanish Springs town square. Near St. Timothys.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
So is it good to be back?
I'll catch you up.
Watch out for the circles, gates and clueless bike riders.
Don't forget to replace your divot and rake traps.
Buy your whiskey straight up.
Oh yea, some rude and miserable people have been spotted in the area.
It is great to be back! Used to, we called Arkansas "God's Country". As I pulled into TV yesterday, I called my wife and told her we have a new "God's Country". I've been reading TOTV - seen the ad nauseum posts on circles, gates and bike riders and have commented on all three. Divot's and unraked bunkers are a PET PEEVE of mine. Don't drink whiskey. Encountered some rude and miserable people today.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Where is Chili's? Didn't realize we had one on campus.

Mr. Hogg, you should have gone to Cane Garden or Mallory or Lighthouse or Glenbrook or Too Jays to do your waiting. Very pleasant surroundings and lotsa villagers..
27/441 close to Home Depot. Going to try Too Jays tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Sage
Default Response

[QUOTE=Beechie;1009137]I am trying to equate "agonizing" to a 10 minute wait. Were the two tables that were served before you also seated before you? If they arrived after you then that would bother any one of us. Maybe your table was next however.

Could it be that after a long day and a half of driving your patience was wearing a little thin? Perhaps time seems to drag on when you are sitting alone.

The Manager did say he was sorry but you did not feel it was sincere or appropriate. What could have been said to you to make things right so you don't write off the restaurant? If we all flipped off a restaurant for having to wait in excess of ten minutes we would only be left with eating at home.

Two tables weren't seated before me, they sat down after I did. I have an iPhone that I read the news on; it keeps me patient. I didn't feel he was sincere, had the attitude that if there will be someone to take my place.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wow , ten minutes and went right to the manager. Try waving (politely) to a waitress.............it usually works.
BTW, I did make eye contact with a waitress that has numerous tats up both arms (don't have a thing against them, got a couple myself) and did motion for her; appeared to be too busy chit-chatting with another staff member.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:13 PM

"Two tables weren't seated before me, they sat down after I did. I have an iPhone that I read the news on; it keeps me patient. I didn't feel he was sincere, had the attitude that if there will be someone to take my place".

Ok, now we get the picture. Sounds like a calamity of attitude and neglect which never sits well on an empty stomach.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Gold member

With all of the problems of running a restaurant, I don't think a manager would be too sincere about a complaint of a 10 minute wait.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 PM

My only experience with our local Chili's on 441 is similar to the OP's. My spouse and I were seated and then sat and sat and sat. It was not high season and the restaurant was relatively empty. Eventually our meal did arrive.

We now joke that if we ever return there, we'll take a deck of cards for play while we wait.

It may be unfair to judge them by one experience, but there are so many other choices available. We have eaten at Chili's elsewhere, so haven't written off the whole chain.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:

I was shot off my horse during the Crusades and I will tell you that story another time.
Bad Girl. It must have been too high.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

In January and February and March it is high season here in The Villages. Lots of people are here in their own homes or are renting their homes out to other people. Not a one of them know how to cook.

That was My vote for best comment of the day !! haha... thanks for the giggle Gracie !!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.