Chili's on 27/441

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Next time you are in a restaurant, when you sit down set a timer on your cell phone for 10 minutes. When the server brings your drinks don't drink them for 10 minutes. I think you will also agree that 10 minutes is way too long to wait to be served. It should be minutes when you are approached by a server, not 10.
No need to conduct experiments. I am fully aware how long 10 minutes is.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 PM

Live in TV since 2005. Have gone to that Chilis several times over the years and service has always been very good and the food is consistent. Give it a try again and I am sure it will be different. You might talk to the manager and I am sure they would do something for you to make up for the lousy service last visit.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Sage

How did today go?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Sage

Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Even waited on, I don't consider 10 minutes an excessive amount of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
I am trying to equate "agonizing" to a 10 minute wait. (Snipped) If we all flipped off a restaurant for having to wait in excess of ten minutes we would only be left with eating at home.
Over ten minutes wait in high season? We wouldn't consider that a problem.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Platinum member

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
How did today go?
Last couple of days have been great! Got garage shelving built, start touching up a poor self paint job from the previous owner tomorrow and probably start unpacking some of the boxes I brought (mine and the kitchens, not touching the wife's boxes), will start working on improving the appearance of the yard and the best thing is I went to Winn Dixie so I can eat when I want to and not have to wait to get waited on.........

Ahhh! Living the dream.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Over ten minutes wait in high season? We wouldn't consider that a problem.
Well, since I've never experienced "high season", it may be the norm. Bear in mind now that 10 minutes wasn't waiting on food, it was for anyone to come by and say "Hi. I'm (fill in the blank) and I'll be your server tonight. Can I take your drink order?" Nothing, except for the two tables adjacent to me getting seated (after me) and serviced.

This horse has been ridden long enough; some people have other things in life to accomplish "WHILE WE'RE YOUNG" and don't like to wait while others have nothing else to do in life but wait an infinite amount of time for anything. Those people are probably the couple's that sit across the table from each other the entire time they are eating AND NEVER SAY ONE WORD TO EACH OTHER. Next time anyone goes out to eat, watch other COUPLE'S (more than two people usually with find something to chat about) around you to see if they engage in conversation, or just sit there and sit there and sit there.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Sage

In The Villages it's not only common to see couples talking to each other at their table, but to others at tables around them
Old 02-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Last couple of days have been great! Got garage shelving built, start touching up a poor self paint job from the previous owner tomorrow and probably start unpacking some of the boxes I brought (mine and the kitchens, not touching the wife's boxes), will start working on improving the appearance of the yard and the best thing is I went to Winn Dixie so I can eat when I want to and not have to wait to get waited on.........
Ahhh! Living the dream.
I'm glad to hear things are going well.
The first few months of Villages living are extremely exciting.
Best of luck!

P.S. There are more romantic hand-holding couples in The Bubble than anywhere else in the universe!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We went to Lake Sumter tonight for Mardi Gras, so did 10,000 others, no exaggeration. All four beer stands were open, which I've never seen more then two, maybe three before. Twice waited in line, it was 20 minutes each time. First time we talked to some people, a couple from Nova Scotia, two guys from Boston, and a couple of others. None of which live in TV, all renting or visitng. Second time in line, talked with a couple renting for two months in Hillsborough. Last year was Nevada, year before was Arizona, now they think TV is the one. It was great crowd.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Next time you are in a restaurant, when you sit down set a timer on your cell phone for 10 minutes. When the server brings your drinks don't drink them for 10 minutes. I think you will also agree that 10 minutes is way too long to wait to be served. It should be minutes when you are approached by a server, not 10.
That's just asking to make yourself (and everyone around you) angry.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I asked to see a manager told him I had been waiting more than 10 minutes, and the two tables around me had been waited on. All he could muster was "Sorry". So, I got up and said, again nicely, "Well, it's my 1st day here and I'm sorry I had to come to your restaurant" and walked out.

Will I go back there? I myself probably won't, but if my bride wants to (since she didn't have to suffer that agonizing wait today ), we probably will.
I had a similar experience at the Chili's in Leesburg. We had a server, got our drinks and placed our order. After 40 minutes we inquired about our food. Apparently our first server and the cook were off at the same time and no one knew about our food order. The poor server who took over our table was very embarrassed. I cannot fault the servers or the kitchen. I think that this is a problem with that restaurant chain.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM

What I find shocking is this post has gone 4 pages over a 10 minute wait. Now I didn't read all 4 pages as my head would hurt.
Have we become so rushed in our lives and expect so much that we can no longer stop, relax and enjoy the life we have?
Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage

In NJ when my kids were little Chiles had a special "Kid's can eat for one dollar if they are accompanied by an adult".

Guess who had birthday parties at Chiles after they went to the matinee with a ton of little kids to see Ghostbusters?

I owe you Chiles. Take your time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.