Chili's on 27/441

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveblood19 View Post
What I find shocking is this post has gone 4 pages over a 10 minute wait. Now I didn't read all 4 pages as my head would hurt.
Have we become so rushed in our lives and expect so much that we can no longer stop, relax and enjoy the life we have?
A 10 minute wait (this was not just a wait for food, it was to have a waiter/waitress even come by when two other tables had been seated and waited on) may not mean much when you don't have anything in the rest of your life to do; it was my 1st day there in TV and I did have many other things to do. I can be as relaxed as the next person, but I will not, and don't have to, put up with incompetent staff at a place I'M TRYING TO GIVE MY MONEY TO JUST TO EAT THERE. From what I understand, and this DOESN'T shock me, there are too many other places to go to have a nice meal.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Man o man o man if a 10 minute wait got your goat you are not going to like prime time in The villages
Old 02-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
A 10 minute wait ... snipped ... I will not, and don't have to, put up with incompetent staff at a place I'M TRYING TO GIVE MY MONEY TO JUST TO EAT THERE.
I think the consensus here is that a ten minute wait is normal for High Season.
It doesn't mean the staff is incompetent, just busy.
I think you will really enjoy living in The Villages once you gear down and relax.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I think you will really enjoy living in The Villages once you gear down and relax.
That was a nice way to put it!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Man o man o man if a 10 minute wait got your goat you are not going to like prime time in The villages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
That was a nice way to put it!
You know, I really don't see the difference with me complaining about a 10 minute wait, TO GET WAITED ON, with the new post from today on a horrible prime rib; my service sucked and their food sucked. Should we not let anyone know about our experience? People complain so others can be aware of where/what happened.

A couple of you told me to relax; pfft. I am really relaxed (my bp is 110/65 and my heartbeat is 60; not bad for 25 yrs. as a LEO); I'm just not comatose like some of you are.

I think with that, I'll go back to taking care of what I can control and if I do get bad food or bad service, I'll just keep it to myself.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
You know, I really don't see the difference with me complaining about a 10 minute wait, TO GET WAITED ON, with the new post from today on a horrible prime rib; my service sucked and their food sucked. Should we not let anyone know about our experience? People complain so others can be aware of where/what happened.

A couple of you told me to relax; pfft. I am really relaxed (my bp is 110/65 and my heartbeat is 60; not bad for 25 yrs. as a LEO); I'm just not comatose like some of you are.

I think with that, I'll go back to taking care of what I can control and if I do get bad food or bad service, I'll just keep it to myself.
Not to beleaguer this, but there's a bit of difference between waiting ten minutes to get waited on (you could have simply left) and ordering prime rib and being served sub-standard food.

Blood pressure/BP doesn't necessarily equate to patience and mild mannerdness. I guess I have to agree with the three posters you quoted.

But it really will get better once you are here for good. And you will decide which places to avoid during the high season.

I'm not a fan of any kind of restaurant review, good or bad. It is all an individual experience defendant upon so many variables.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

I'm not a fan of any kind of restaurant review, good or bad. It is all an individual experience defendant upon so many variables.
The only statement that makes any sense on this whole thread!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.