Hacienda Hills CC

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Hacienda Hills CC

GOOD

Went there with 6 other golfing guys 2/13. About 1pm for lunch.
Four of us had the Rueben & Navy Bean Soup. Everything was very good.

Looking forward to a return visit to try something else.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Question Cuban Menu Night at Hacienda CC

They have been advertising a cuban menu night. Is it authentic cuban food? Has anyone tried it?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Sage

No, I have not been there on Cuban night.

However, I have been to Hacienda Hills CC for their Fish & Chips night (Fridays) and I really enjoyed it. The fish was so fresh tasting and not heavily battered. The fries were pretty good, too. I did not care for the cole slaw but that was no big deal at all. Excellent fish!

I have also been there for the Lobster Tail night (Saturdays). Another excellent choice. I liked it better than the lobster tail at Lopez Legacy CC.

I also have had the Sunday brunch at Hacienda Hills. That is another winner!

Three times - three times I had great food and service.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Hacienda is my favorite in TV. It's a fun place on karaoke night, some really good singers. We enjoy the food as well.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

They used to have the best Italian Hoagie I've ever had. At $11 it was a little pricy but well worth it for the toppings and the fact that it was a foot long. However, some months ago they decided to eliminate the toppings and cut the sandwich in half. The price did not change. Very disappointing...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

Chef Brian is well known for his creative cooking. Sorry to hear about the decrease in the hogie sandwich, though. I am going to try their lobster next time I get a handering for some. Had one at Glenview CC last night and it was good as always. Wish I had ordered twin tails! The filet steak was a disappointment. It was a lousy end cut. Shameful to even offer that as a filet mignon. The ends are really good for kebabs and tournedos of beef.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
GOOD

Food has been wonderful, but the entertainment that is being played while your trying to eat and enjoy your conversation with the people at your table is very annoying. If it were soft dinner music that would be one thing, but when they think they are on stage and performing at a musical is another. Especially when the speakers are pointed right at the table in front of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Sage
Default Disappointed

Nine of us went to Hacienda for dinner tonight. It was German cuisine night. Some of us had the German food and were disappointed. In had a chicken dish. The chicken was done nicely but the red cabbage and German potato salad were terrible. They both tasted like cinnamon and apple. Hubby got fish and it was half breaded and they ran out of tarter sauce so the server went in the kitchen and made a dill sauce herself. It was a nice gesture but not good tasting. Seemed that the food was on the scale of diner food. They had entertainment that was very loud, karaoke type. Bad acoustics. It was more like a night club atmosphere than a restaurant. We won't go back.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

excellent evening. the choices on the menu were so interesting it made it hard to finally decide. i had the swordfish over mushroom risotto with asparagus, and my wife had scallops. unbelievably good, and so unique for the villages. the live music was great, a bit loud but that can be attributed to the acoustics in the room. the service was professional, attentive but not annoying. i would suggest arriving around 7 - 7 30 pm as the place starts to clear out around 8 and is a lot more pleasant.
am glad that we discovered this place as we are located in the southern end of the villages and tend to overlook some of the places north of CR 466.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
GOOD

Mediocre at best!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

To each his own!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.