Seafood, or lack of it ...

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Default Seafood, or lack of it ...

As a new owner in The Villages, we have tried several eateries. We have been disappointed that there is a lack of fresh Seafood.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizwink View Post
As a new owner in The Villages, we have tried several eateries. We have been disappointed that there is a lack of fresh Seafood.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Try the Lighthouse at Lake Sumter, they are as close as we have come to good fish.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 AM

Thanks... we've been there also. I am just about resolved that fresh (well prepared) Seafood is just a shortcoming of the eateries in The Villages, but if that's all I can find wrong, I'm sure I'll live!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Buy your own fish and cook it from the fish truck on 466 at the fruit shack-he is there Thursdays to Sundays. It is called Lighthouse but it is not the retsuarant, that is the name of his business. Also has amazing key lime pie that his mother makes but it sells out fast, best to order ahead.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Peck's Old Port Cove in Crystal River has good seafood.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Sage

Are there any good seafood restaurants located in The Villages? We usually go to Bonefish or The Lighthouse (and of course, Lopez for lobster night, or Orange Blossom for crab night). But I'd love to hear of other places.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Buy your own fish and cook it from the fish truck on 466 at the fruit shack-he is there Thursdays to Sundays. It is called Lighthouse but it is not the retsuarant, that is the name of his business. Also has amazing key lime pie that his mother makes but it sells out fast, best to order ahead.
By "the fruit shack," do you mean the place at the corner of 301 & 466? If not, can you tell me where it is?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

nothing beats the guy in the truck on 466 you buy fish that is really that fish...did you know that there is no such thing as Butterfish
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
nothing beats the guy in the truck on 466 you buy fish that is really that fish...did you know that there is no such thing as Butterfish
Again, exactly where on 466 is he located?

I had "butterfish" at Bonifay last week. Never heard of it. It was really good. Now I wonder what the heck I ate!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Again, exactly where on 466 is he located?

I had "butterfish" at Bonifay last week. Never heard of it. It was really good. Now I wonder what the heck I ate!
The fish guy on 466 is located on the left hand side of 466 going towards Rolling Acres. As you pass Morse there are some buildings on the left hand side, then there is a small "mall" (for want of a better description) and right at the end of that there is a fruit stand. He puts his truck right there between the stores and the fruit stand, but he is not there every day. There was a thread running before that gave his hours and days. Evidently you call him and he brings what you want.

Where is our wonderful "link" guy? Please help me with this floundering around I am doing here!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The fish guy on 466 is located on the left hand side of 466 going towards Rolling Acres. As you pass Morse there are some buildings on the left hand side, then there is a small "mall" (for want of a better description) and right at the end of that there is a fruit stand. He puts his truck right there between the stores and the fruit stand, but he is not there every day. There was a thread running before that gave his hours and days. Evidently you call him and he brings what you want.

Where is our wonderful "link" guy? Please help me with this floundering around I am doing here!
Thank you! Think I will drive by there today.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Sage

Lighthouse Seafood Try this thread for some explanation and further suggestions.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Not only should you not believe everything on the Internet, but also don't believe everything a guy in a truck on 466 tells you.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Gold member

There are many great seafood restaurants nearby but I know of none in TV. If you're willing to travel to Inverness, Ocklawaha, or Tavares or even over near the gulf you can get excellent fresh fish. Lighthouse Restaurant and Bonefish are good and we enjoy going there but they weren't exactly what we are looking for when we want really good, fresh fish.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Not only should you not believe everything on the Internet, but also don't believe everything a guy in a truck on 466 tells you.
How come?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.