Chop House - First and last time.

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2021, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I had the same experience as the OP some time back and got ripped on here for mentioning it. The meal sucked. Fortunately, it was just one time and we were going there a whole lot until Covid hit. Not ready yet.

I wouldn't give up on the place from one bad experience.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
am I supposed to feel guilty or something , I never cook , never , the last time I turned on a stove was before I got my first Keurig a very long time ago and had to boil water for instant coffees , I spent money foolishly when I didn’t have it and I spend even more foolishly when I do have enough
Good for you, Charlie. We eat out almost every night because we don't like to cook OR clean up. To each his own, right?

Never been to the Chop House but we'll be going soon to celebrate a relative's milestone birthday. I notice on the menu that all the steaks are "market priced". What are the going market prices for their steaks these days? Thx.

kathy
Old 10-12-2021, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Well the last one I had was $54 I think and please folks I know there are people starving everywhere and I help more then many lol Go Dodgers FYI I never clean either lol
Old 10-12-2021, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Well the last one I had was $54 I think and please folks I know there are people starving everywhere and I help more then many lol Go Dodgers FYI I never clean either lol
Yeah, I figured they would be in the 40's or 50's. Looking forward to that dinner! Thx.

k.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
am I supposed to feel guilty or something , I never cook , never , the last time I turned on a stove was before I got my first Keurig a very long time ago and had to boil water for instant coffees , I spent money foolishly when I didn’t have it and I spend even more foolishly when I do have enough
No reason to feel guilty. With COVID I have been unable to eat out plus eating out isn’t a favorite of my wife. If I was eating out more I prefer restaurants with more variety, we found the menu very limiting for us with what we like. Also we had other issues when there, table issues, spilling water and more.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We eat therE 1 to 2 times every week. Never had a bad meal and the service is always great. They always have at least 2 managers on the floor. You should have spoken to a manager instead of complaining on TOTV.
There is not enough choice on the menu for us to eat there 1-2 times a week. Would rather go to someplace like Texas Roadhouse or the like than the Chop House.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I go to many different restaurants and if that’s what you wanted to say why the need to play off my post ?? Go Dodgers and anyway it’d all good I never take anything personals do if Dodgers hold the lead I’ll have made enough on the trifecta of astros, Braves and Dodgers to eat out for the next 2 weeks for nothing and with a date lol I rarely eat alone
Old 10-13-2021, 03:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbales View Post
Went there last night with party of five. While the service was very good the food was not at all. Filet had to be returned - ordered med rare and was served well done. Why it ever was allowed to leave the kitchen is beyond me. Took forever to be replaced. When meals were being placed on the table we were informed at that time that they had no more baked potatoes. Replaced with mashed. not what we had in mind. Overall bill with dinner, drinks and tip $375. Not the quality expected or delivered. NO plans to ever return.
Your steak was overcooked, took too long to cook you a new one and you had to eat mashed potatoes instead of baked? So you’re NEVER going back again??? but holy moly, it only cost 375 for 5 people eating steak and drinking drinks? Not sure where you all came from but that’s a steal. I’ve spent that much on only me. I hope you tip at least 20%.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
No reason to feel guilty. With COVID I have been unable to eat out plus eating out isn’t a favorite of my wife. If I was eating out more I prefer restaurants with more variety, we found the menu very limiting for us with what we like. Also we had other issues when there, table issues, spilling water and more.
Sorry to hear that you've been that severely ill with COVID for such a long time and unable to get out of your house, get better soon.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:47 AM

We love the Chop House, especially the brunch specials. I rarely order steak (anywhere) because I know how to make them to my own liking and doneness is subjective.

I find it odd that when one person has a non perfect meal they feel the need to publicly trash a restaurant's reputation instead of bringing it to the attention of management. One cook makes a mistake and suddenly everyone needs to know about it.

How many of you had careers in which a small single mistake would cause others to publicly smear your company?
Old 10-13-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
There is not enough choice on the menu for us to eat there 1-2 times a week. Would rather go to someplace like Texas Roadhouse or the like than the Chop House.
There are many things we like in the Chop House menu especially the delmonico steak. We went to Texas Road House once and left. Way too noisy and after looking at the menu definitely not the type of food we enjoy.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
We love the Chop House, especially the brunch specials. I rarely order steak (anywhere) because I know how to make them to my own liking and doneness is subjective.

I find it odd that when one person has a non perfect meal they feel the need to publicly trash a restaurant's reputation instead of bringing it to the attention of management. One cook makes a mistake and suddenly everyone needs to know about it.

How many of you had careers in which a small single mistake would cause others to publicly smear your company?
I did.

However, I'm with you---have been to Chop House many times and never an issue with the food or the service. Generally the owner comes around to the table and asks how everything was as well, the OP must have avoided that
Old 10-13-2021, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,649 Times in 1,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbales View Post
Went there last night with party of five. While the service was very good the food was not at all. Filet had to be returned - ordered med rare and was served well done. Why it ever was allowed to leave the kitchen is beyond me. Took forever to be replaced. When meals were being placed on the table we were informed at that time that they had no more baked potatoes. Replaced with mashed. not what we had in mind. Overall bill with dinner, drinks and tip $375. Not the quality expected or delivered. NO plans to ever return.
Yikes! My nose would be out of joint too.

A couple of things. First, merchants read TOTV so rest assured that Chop House management is very much aware of your experience. However it is after-the-fact: mentioning your dissatisfaction at the time may have gotten you an adjustment on your bill at the very least. Possibly more.

Second, Monday night pretty much assures that the "B" team was at work. That is something we learned well: for places like Panera or Johnny Rockets that doesn't matter much, but for other places it can, especially in this day of worker shortages. My personal experience has been four times dining at the Lighthouse. Friday and Saturday evenings are great. Tuesday and Wednesday, not so much. I understand that that is not an excuse for poor food or service: the customer pays just as much regardless. But it IS reality.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Next time try this to insure perfection. As if restaurants don’t have enough problems.

A COUPLE has been slammed for giving a restaurant a printed list of demands on how to prepare their burgers.

The pair named Alan and Karen was criticised for bringing a bullet-pointed list with detailed instructions for the chef.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Experience.

I believe Chops is overpriced and are overcharging based on some believing that if you pay more you get better. Last Saturday had the Lamb Shank dinner and it was more chewy than gum. Did not finish it! They are charging what a meal would cost in Manhattan at some of the most famous restaurants ,( e.e. Kafana's, Bistro Les Amis, etc) and the quality is not near NYC level . NYC prices are around $30 for Lamb shank. Would I go back to Chop's. Probably in the future but would be much more careful as to enure I ordered meals where the quality is much more in line with the price.
Closed Thread

Tags
replaced, time, table, potatoes, informed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.