Chop House - First and last time.

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2021, 11:07 PM
Default Not how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
So the manager is tasting food before it’s served? Makes no sense.
No, a quality Restaurant would have someone checking each dish as it is placed to go out. They can usually tell if Well Done vs Rare
Old 11-28-2021, 06:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

How many of these chefs have actually gone to culinary school. I rarely see any restaurant publicize credentials.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:35 AM
Default Dry duck dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBoomer View Post
Chop House is not cheap, but honestly, our meals have always been superb there. Compare it to Prima - the prices for steak were about the same, but the quality was far worse. Chop House may not be the best restaurant in Florida, but it's probably the best one inside TV. It's a problem here. The quality of food for the most part everywhere in TV is just "meh". Chop House and Legacy, to us, are the only ones with very very good meals, but you pay for it too
Recently had a duck dinner there, and it was not good...dried out, tasteless, and expensive. Side of mushrooms were like out of a can and flavorless. My husband did not care for his meal either. We did tell management, but we don't intend to return there
Old 11-28-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolfrancescad View Post
Recently had a duck dinner there, and it was not good...dried out, tasteless, and expensive. Side of mushrooms were like out of a can and flavorless. My husband did not care for his meal either. We did tell management, but we don't intend to return there
I've never eaten at the Chop House, but in my experience at a couple of the moderate-to higher-end restaurants around here (Bluefin, Sam's St. John's), quality seems to fluctuate based on when you visit them. There seems to be a noticeable difference in quality when the "A" team is working (Saturday evening, say, vs. Tuesday late afternoon) as compared to when they are not. Prices are the same, I know, so customers should have the same expectation of quality no matter when they visit, but with the difficulty in getting qualified help, my thought is that there are some people working at these places who wouldn't be, were there more qualified applicants available.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
They are not charging anywhere near a 5 star restaurant. The shoe does not fit!
They are charging the same (if not more) than Morton's, Ruth's Chris or the Capitol Grille, and I've never had a problem with an improperly cooked steak at any of them...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
They are charging the same (if not more) than Morton's, Ruth's Chris or the Capitol Grille, and I've never had a problem with an improperly cooked steak at any of them...
I have never had an improperly cooked steak at Chop House have you? They are not more expensive then the restaurants you listed. Actually, they are less and come with 2 sides that would run 12 or 13 each at Capitol.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have never had an improperly cooked steak at Chop House have you? They are not more expensive then the restaurants you listed. Actually, they are less and come with 2 sides that would run 12 or 13 each at Capitol.
Good for you. Unfortunately, others have. Hence the point of this thread...

Are you familiar with the phrase "if not more"? It is not a statement of fact. It is a guesstimate...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Good for you. Unfortunately, others have. Hence the point of this thread...

Are you familiar with the phrase "if not more"? It is not a statement of fact. It is a guesstimate...
I deal with facts not guesses. You should try Chop House and find out if the negative posts are true. I had Beef Wellington on Thanksgiving and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
I deal with facts not guesses. You should try Chop House and find out if the negative posts are true. I had Beef Wellington on Thanksgiving and it was cooked to a perfect medium rare.
Once again, good for you. Others have had a different experience.

And I never said that their experience will stop me from going.

I was only commenting on the ridiculous comment that the "servers" should be checking the cooking temp of the food. That is the job of the chef...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-28-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
From this post it is clear you have never been to a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Their steaks are $50 to over $100 each (alone, sides are extra).

Last edited by spd2918; 11-29-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Ruth’s classics menu gives a complete meal for about 60 dollars. Excellent value and its prime steak
Old 11-29-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
trade tested?
From this post it is clear you have never been to a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Their steaks are $50 to over $100 each (alone, sides are extra).
Odd, I just ate there 3 weeks ago, in Bethesda, MD...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-29-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
trade tested?
And I just checked...

Their steaks go from $39-$60 (for what normal people eat, not the $109 Porterhouse, for two people, or the massive 40 oz tomahawk ribeye for $136). Yes you can get a tomahawk chop or a huge T-Bone for more, but that's not what's being discussed...

And sides are enough for 2-4 people, so cut that price in half...

So yeah, they are comparable in price to the Chop House...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-29-2021, 08:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Yes I have tried the Chop House

Quote:
Again .. facts .. yes, I've tried the Chop House. Found the quality of meat and the cuts offered to be inferior. I am glad you are pleased with them .. Would much rather see an open business at the location than an empty building. But there is no need to berate someone that doesn't like the place .. as there appears to be a split reading this thread
Old 11-30-2021, 06:39 AM

I can say the Chop House looks inviting driving by in the golf cart. The inside & outside ambience is very nice. We went with a couple visiting from out of town and wanted to got out to a special place. Yes, service was good. I don't mind paying a high price for any meal as long as the quality is great. When I go out to dinner and I am paying a high price I expect to be wowed. I have to say I was not impressed with my steak and No I did not talk to a manager. I expect a place like the Chop House to get my order right to perfection every time NO EXCUSES!! I have dined out at the Long Horn Steak House in Florida, North Carolina, and Long Island a total of at least a dozen or more times and I must say the Rib Eye, the Porterhouse what ever we would order was perfect every time. May not have the ambience of the Chop House but if the Long Horn Steak House can get it right every time then I expect the Chop House to do the same. Especially when the Chop House is costing double the price.
Closed Thread

Tags
replaced, time, table, potatoes, informed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.