Cincinnati Chili

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Default Cincinnati Chili

Anyone who hasn't experienced Cincinnati Chili is missing out on something special http://www.skylinechili.com/

I think a Skyline would go over well here in The Villages. The chili can be enjoyed in different ways, which makes it a challenge to decide what to order. We love it.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Default Re: Cincinnati Chili

Carole, I'm with you 100% but then I was born and lived in Cincinnati until my husband and I moved to the Villages. When we visit "up north", at least one meal, if not more, is mandatory at Skyline. We've driven to Clearwater Beach just for Skyline (there's one across the road from the beach).

We have Cincinnati friends who now live in Bonita Springs. When we visit there, they know we prefer the Skyline in nearby Naples over their very lovely country club.

I have Cincinnati Chili recipe that seems like the real thing and it's frequently on our menu. Of course the whole house smells like Skyline when it's on the stove! - June
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 PM

BB: Yes, my Skyline recipe includes a block of unsweetened chocolate. A similar recipe I've seen calls for cinammon instead of the chocolate.

And someone had to mention Graeter's!. We have some wonderful ice cream stores in and near the Villages. I have learned, however, to chose any flavor that ISN'T chocolate chip - no other comes close to Graeter's chocolate chip (chunk?) so why court disappointment!

Now why am I hungry? June
Old 12-24-2007, 02:18 AM

I am from Louisville, KY, and we have Skyline Chili there as well and I love it.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:40 AM

I finally figured it out what I was missing beside common sense and that is Skyline chili. I lived about 70 miles north of Cincinnatti and Skyline was the best. Sure hope that we could get one here. :joke:
Old 12-27-2007, 03:46 AM

As Xavier grads we highly reccommend Graeters and Skyline. We order on line at least once a year. Go Muskies. Class of 63. :bigthumbsup:
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:42 PM

There is nothing like Cincinnati Chili!!!!! My brother sends me a case of Dixie Chili (located in Newport, Ky) and it's usually gone by July.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.