City Fire Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Sage

I like the sign in Big Al's barber shop.

If you like our services, tell your friends. If you don't, tell management.

I am not a picky eater but I know when a meal is very good. A person always has the option to complain after tasting their meal and tell management it is unacceptable. 99% of the time, I eat my meal without complaints. To finish the whole thing and then complain, is not fair to the establishment as they are unaware they did something wrong.

I have had City Fire's sliders and they are acceptable. I wouldn't say they are the the greatest, but one can always go to another establishment to their liking.

My mother owned a luncheonette, and some people expected her to cook to their own's mom's standards. They use to give instructions on how they wanted their meal prepared, Times were different then, and my mom was a great cook.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Sage
Default News Flash!!!

City Fire has meatloaf sliders, that are not listed on the menu. You have to ask for them.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Eternal Member

I get the sliders alot at City Fire. I like them. I always get them with a cup of soup. City Fire has some of the best soups around.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

A picture of their Sliders are on their website..............can't remember if the picture is on the menu.

Just a way to know what it looks like prior to purchasing.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A slider by any other name is a slider. If an establishment has trouble properly preparing a slider/burger then imagine what the rest of their menu is going to be like. I mean its hard to improve on a burger ( think Drive In Diners and Dives) but to fail in cooking a plain ordinary burger Wow the cook needs to think another trade.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:06 PM

Always busy when we go must be doing right.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
A slider by any other name is a slider. If an establishment has trouble properly preparing a slider/burger then imagine what the rest of their menu is going to be like. I mean its hard to improve on a burger ( think Drive In Diners and Dives) but to fail in cooking a plain ordinary burger Wow the cook needs to think another trade.
Many posts above say they are good...............maybe not the cook?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Platinum member

I believe it was Bonny who said that City Fire was going to pick up the old Friday's location....maybe the sliders will be even better there.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I believe it was Bonny who said that City Fire was going to pick up the old Friday's location....maybe the sliders will be even better there.
It will be different from City Fire.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:43 PM

WOW!..Cityfire is outstanding....you do not need to ask for the Manager, your server will make it right if you say something.....
Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Sage

Cityfire at Lake Sumter Landing is always on my "must go" list when I visit TV. Every meal I have had there has been great.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

The new establishment in the old TGIFriday's building is not going to be called City Fire and there will be a lot of modification to the building. He mentioned the name, but I will not repeat it until he announces it. Mike will do a good job of putting together something different for us to enjoy. He knows how to run a successful business and make his patrons happy. I asked if he could set aside some area for non smokers to enjoy sitting outside on the ample back porch. That way everyone can enjoy the beautiful weather days and evenings.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Eternal Member

Just waiting until all the Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted !!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Default Dinner at FireCity SumterLanding

Being new to The Villages, not yet owners (closing is next month), we have only had 4 previous dining experiences in The Villages restaurants...and they were not in any way special or memorable, we were discouraged. Then today after our house inspection we tried CityFire. What a fine dinner we had! Fine in all the ways that matter to us: Good food cooked appropriately to proper doneness, not greasy, not overly saucy, attentive, caring service without hovering, and clean environment, table, utensils, glassware. We had their meatloaf with portobello gravy, roasted root veggies, and substituted fingerling potatoes for the mashed. Delicious! And we received a couple of lovely bonuses: First, after our waiter came back to our table to our deliver the bad news that they were out of the draft beer my dh had ordered and then a second time to say that the Pork Loin he had first ordered was also gone. He stated that the substitute beer would be "on the house." The second bonus was after our dinner arrived the manager, Scott, came by to make sure all was well with the substitute meatloaf and beer. It was unnecessary as we were as happy as clams with our delicious dinner, but it certainly went a long way to demonstrate that this establishment truly cares about pleasing their patrons. As a result we are so looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship with Sumter Landing CityFire...for sure!

Last edited by kleeh; 02-24-2015 at 09:06 PM. Reason: dyslexic flipfloping of restaurant name. Sorry.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
Being new to The Villages, not yet owners (closing is next month), we have only had 4 previous dining experiences in The Villages restaurants...and they were not in any way special or memorable, we were discouraged. Then today after our house inspection we tried CityFire. What a fine dinner we had! Fine in all the ways that matter to us: Good food cooked appropriately to proper doneness, not greasy, not overly saucy, attentive, caring service without hovering, and clean environment, table, utensils, glassware. We had their meatloaf with portobello gravy, roasted root veggies, and substituted fingerling potatoes for the mashed. Delicious! And we received a couple of lovely bonuses: First, after our waiter came back to our table to our deliver the bad news that they were out of the draft beer my dh had ordered and then a second time to say that the Pork Loin he had first ordered was also gone. He stated that the substitute beer would be "on the house." The second bonus was after our dinner arrived the manager, Scott, came by to make sure all was well with the substitute meatloaf and beer. It was unnecessary as we were as happy as clams with our delicious dinner, but it certainly went a long way to demonstrate that this establishment truly cares about pleasing their patrons. As a result we are so looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship with Sumter Landing CityFire...for sure!
City Fire is an all around class act & great restaurant !! Always top notch service, very well managed and consistently good food.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.