Coastal Del Mar Lunch Menu

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2023, 12:22 PM
Default Coastal Del Mar Lunch Menu

I have eaten at Coastal Del Mar several times and find the staff friendly, the service good and the atmosphere upscale. Prior to eating there with a friend for lunch a few days ago, I went online and viewed their luncheon menu (11 to 3). We were seated promptly and noticed EVERYONE was handed the dinner menu instead of the luncheon menu. I inquired about the luncheon menu and we were promptly brought two. The luncheon menu offers meals at a lower price (30 to 50% less) than the dinner menu and there are choices that are specific to only the luncheon menu. I will go out on a limb and suspect many, if not most, people are unaware of the availability of a luncheon menu. Clearly, this a a conscious decision by management as many patrons are unaware that lower-cost options are available. Personally, while I understand the reason from a profitability standpoint, I think they should default to the luncheon menu as is offered on their website. The next time you go, be sure and ask!
Old 03-25-2023, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
I have eaten at Coastal Del Mar several times and find the staff friendly, the service good and the atmosphere upscale. Prior to eating there with a friend for lunch a few days ago, I went online and viewed their luncheon menu (11 to 3). We were seated promptly and noticed EVERYONE was handed the dinner menu instead of the luncheon menu. I inquired about the luncheon menu and we were promptly brought two. The luncheon menu offers meals at a lower price (30 to 50% less) than the dinner menu and there are choices that are specific to only the luncheon menu. I will go out on a limb and suspect many, if not most, people are unaware of the availability of a luncheon menu. Clearly, this a a conscious decision by management as many patrons are unaware that lower-cost options are available. Personally, while I understand the reason from a profitability standpoint, I think they should default to the luncheon menu as is offered on their website. The next time you go, be sure and ask!
Hosted a luncheon there last Thursday for 30 women. We were only given the lunch menu and had to request a dnner menu. The luncheon menu items looked fine, but I like the dinner menu better.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,664 Times in 1,502 Posts

If both menus are available, then both should be presented at the same time. Not doing so is bait and switch strategy and, imo, a bit dishonest.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:54 AM

I always like to review the menu online just get an idea what my options are. Looks like there is another reason to preview it. Thanks for the tip.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke
Closed Thread

Tags
menu, luncheon, del, unaware, dinner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.