Coastal del Mar, Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2022, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Last evening four of us ate dinner at Coastal Del Mar the new seafood grill in Spanish Springs. We walked in and were very impressed with the new decor. The restaurant s beautiful. It is a sea theme and is primarily blue with beautiful gold light fixtures. We had a res and were seated quickly. The menu has a lot of choices. I ordered 2 appetizers, bacon wrapped scallops with mango salsa and fried oysters. They were both excellent and the fried oysters were the best I have ever eaten. Additionally, I ordered a size of crab fried rice which was very good. My husband ordered the fish and chips. Delicious and the chips were thin and crisp. Our friend split a Caesar salad that came with anchovies. Nice size and they enjoyed the salad. Thy both ordered the fresh salmon lightly blackened and it came with a choice of 2 sides. They both said delicious. Their rolls are excellent. We asked for a 2nd basket. I asked what they had for dessert, and I was disappointed I was so full. They have chocolate brulee, key lime pie and my favorite cake Chantilly. Our server Hannah was terrific. She really knew the menu and discussed the features. Our experience was a 10. It was so good we made a reservation for next week.
The restaurant was full inside and a number of people were dining outside. Make a reservation. Our friend ate there the night before and said it was just as full.
Matt, the manager was on the floor the entire time ensuring the restaurant was running smoothly. Looking forward to returning next week and will start with the Chantilly cake!
Old 11-17-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Certainly haven't proven that in the Spanish Springs area where every restaurant that tried to bring in more upscale food over the past 5 years has closed.
Costal Del Mar will do just fine in Spanish Springs, the area is very much in need of an upscale fine dinning establishment which the FMK restaurant group delivers. You hit the nail on the head when you said “every restaurant that tried to bring in more upscale food over the last 5 years has closed”. The difference is that the other restaurants TRIED to bring in upscale food, Costal Del Mar didn’t try to, they did.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:03 PM

We had lunch there yesterday. Beautiful decor. We actually ate outside since it was cool.
Our server must have been new. She was a bit scattered.
We were never told the specials, never offered bread.
We had the fish platter - fried haddock, shrimp and grilled salmon with chips and the lemon trout.
Hubby loved his trout. The rice was very nice that came with it.
My sampler platter was a mixed bag. The fried haddock wasnt really crispy - like the oil wasnt hot enough. The fried shrimp was a bit better. The salmon was not good - very dried out with no sauce. The french fries were good - a bit different presentation.
I would return for the trout, but not the fried stuff or salmon. Maybe next time we will get bread lol.
Prices no better or worse than other villages restaurants.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:48 PM

Me and Mrs. went for a "test eat" at Coastal De Mar last Monday had bowls of Lobster Bisque and a starter of Muscles. DELISH on both items, super friendly bar tenders and servers plus great service. Very nicely decorated inside. Going back and another really good FMK restaurant!
Old 01-04-2023, 03:09 PM
Platinum member

We went there for lunch yesterday. I had the crab cake sandwich which was very good. Hubby had shrimp flatbread. We shared a piece of key lime pie that was very good. Service and ambience excellent.
Even though we live south of 466A we would go back.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seecapecod View Post
That’s not too far from what most restaurants on the Cape charge for chowder.
EVERYTHING is so much more expensive now, idk how some can manage. it's a GOOD menu, though, kind of reminds me of Bluefin. i don't even eat seafood, but i'd try it, 😊 Thx for sharing
Old 01-05-2023, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

After reading all the posts in this thread I can think of only one thing.

Thank GAWD that my wife is a great cook!
Closed Thread

Tags
coastal, site, jays, located, addition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.