Cody's @ Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Eternal Member

This Codys is not a Franchise.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Veteran member

The owner of this place is a great guy he eats there with his family,,, he will walk around anask how is your food,,if u come here often he thanks u,,, big mike the bartender with the Bosox hat can be aPIA at times ,, but he is hard worker and is a good bartender,,, I do dislike of having the cig smoke come into the bar,,,, however I just move to another spot,,,, to be honest the mgr can be rather wormy,,, he has to be someone's nephew,,, he means welll but is kinda goofy,,,,,but aren't we all!,, they have to be making a ton of$$ u walk by gators to get to Cody's ,,,, Cody's is doing it correct,,,, now do I get my free meal?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Gold member

Love Cody's...the entertainment Dunning Shaw and Just Mike, good food, pleasant staff, good managers, and always a good crowd!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
The owner of this place is a great guy he eats there with his family,,, he will walk around anask how is your food,,if u come here often he thanks u,,, big mike the bartender with the Bosox hat can be aPIA at times ,, but he is hard worker and is a good bartender,,, I do dislike of having the cig smoke come into the bar,,,, however I just move to another spot,,,, to be honest the mgr can be rather wormy,,, he has to be someone's nephew,,, he means welll but is kinda goofy,,,,,but aren't we all!,, they have to be making a ton of$$ u walk by gators to get to Cody's ,,,, Cody's is doing it correct,,,, now do I get my free meal?
Big Mike and Nicki have been gone for months !!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Forbes View Post
WOW it is now 2012, and we heard the "owner" talking to some customers like they were dirt, the people left, and he walked around like a proud peacock. When we overheard this discussion, we decided to leave, and tell anyone we can, how aweful the owner is. It is too bad, because the employees are all great, but the stress they must be under working in these conditions.

As you had mentioned, there are many other places in the Villages to give our money to, not this tyrant. Think twice about going to Cody's in the future, you are giving your money to a very ignorant man who only cares about the almight $, not the customers satisfaction.
We taught our kids as they grew up that how you treat a waiter, waitress, janitor, doorman, etc. speaks volumes about you and your character.

Having had one thoroughly disgusting meal there out of about 15, and a rude waitress has already made me not want to return there. The peanut shells etc. are okay, but I think that underneath them, the place needs a good SCRUBBING.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

Went there this evening (Cody's)..I should say tried to. It was so packed you could barely get in the door. So, I guess enough folks here must like the place. We didn't want to wait so we walked over to Gator's. The bar had one couple sitting there and the tables were half empty. Is Gator's always this empty?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post

FYI, Mike the bartender has not been employed at Cody's since May or so. Nor has Nicki, Lorelea, Chris or Christina. They go through bar staff quickly there. The entire staff seems to be walking on eggshells because there seems to be no job security there.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Been there many times over the years-Never had a problem with service -Found the staff and manager to be super friendly and always around checking on things-Onion rings best in the Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.