Cody's @ Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Sage

I have been going to Cody's on a fairly regular basis since the day it opened at Lake Sumter Landing. I have never seen anyone yelling at the servers or at the customers.

I was there this afternoon and the owner was laughing and joking around with the bartenders and the customers.

It is a great place to go to get a delicious bar-burger and a couple of ice-cold draft beers at a very reasonable price. The views are great and the staff is friendly.

Cody's does not have to worry about a few people saying they have never been there and never intend on going based on forum chat. They have a huge clientele and a great business.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I have been going to Cody's on a fairly regular basis since the day it opened at Lake Sumter Landing. I have never seen anyone yelling at the servers or at the customers.

I was there this afternoon and the owner was laughing and joking around with the bartenders and the customers.

It is a great place to go to get a delicious bar-burger and a couple of ice-cold draft beers at a very reasonable price. The views are great and the staff is friendly.

Cody's does not have to worry about a few people saying they have never been there and never intend on going based on forum chat. They have a huge clientele and a great business.
I agree, Buggy... Based on the crowds I see there and the fact that the parking for Cody's overflows over to the Waterfront, I'd say they don't have to worry about a few not coming anymore. BTW, I've been there many times also, and have found the management and wait staff to be extremely pleasant. I would complain more about the very loud music at nights, its totally deafening even when sitting inside.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Besides being wrong, it is poor management and leadership. When I was working, I would always be sure to "coach" an employee in private, and anger would never be part of it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Eternal Member

I'm there at least 5 days a week. Never heard anyone "yelling" at anyone. It's a great place.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm there at least 5 days a week. Never heard anyone "yelling" at anyone. It's a great place.
Repeat after me; My name is Bonny and I am a Codyholic!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Repeat after me; My name is Bonny and I am a Codyholic!
And City Fireholic ! LOL
Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I agree with you. We go there at least twice a week and I have never seen bad behavior by the manager or staff. We will continue to go as often as possible cause it's like "Cheers" to us....everybody knows your name!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I've never been there and I won't be going. I refuse to patronize any establishment where the hired help are abused.

Some friends of mine play music there and I have wanted to go so them, but I'll see them somewhere else now. The only way that this kind of thing will stop is if people stop going there. so posts like this are important if we want to effect change.

Let me try to understand this. Someone has never been to Cody's before so they really don't know first hand what has or has not occurred there and won't go in the future because they have read on TOTV that employees were being abused by management, yet their friends still play music there. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the theory of "this kind of thing will stop if people stop going there" will be very affective in effecting change because people actually have to go there in order to stop going there.

Also if anyone refuses to patronize a business because they read on TOTV a not so glamorous comment or observation, I'm afraid their choices will be severely limited and they will be spending alot of time dining and shopping at home.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronat1 View Post
Let me try to understand this. Someone has never been to Cody's before so they really don't know first hand what has or has not occurred there and won't go in the future because they have read on TOTV that employees were being abused by management, yet their friends still play music there. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the theory of "this kind of thing will stop if people stop going there" will be very affective in effecting change because people actually have to go there in order to stop going there.

Also if anyone refuses to patronize a business because they read on TOTV a not so glamorous comment or observation, I'm afraid their choices will be severely limited and they will be spending alot of time dining and shopping at home.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Sage

Once again, people, check out the person who sent in the rant of the first post. Chances are this posting was a SPOOF meaning it never happened.

Lots of angry people with an ax to grind will do such a childish thing. They think by posting a plausible sounding story that people will stop going to a business - like a couple on the forum said they would do.

If it is a person's first post and is a rant against a business - I tend not to believe it happened. It is very similar to another first time posting by someone recently about a waitress at Gator's telling them their 4 month old child should not watch FOX News and getting into a spiel about Islam. Never happened!!

Take the rants with a grain of salt.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Sage

Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the theory of "this kind of thing will stop if people stop going there" will be very effective because people actually have to go there in order to stop going there.

Also if anyone refuses to patronize a business because they read on TOTV a not so glamorous comment or observation, I'm afraid their choices will be severely limited.
So true.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Just read the recent posts. I have been going to Cody's a few times a week. This was the first bad experience. It is not a spoof or a raint. FYI It happened. The owner has no experience in customer service. I take it, my nor my friends business does not matter to him or what we experienced. Other customers saw it.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Talking

Quote:

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgrimes View Post
Just read the recent posts. I have been going to Cody's a few times a week. This was the first bad experience. It is not a spoof or a raint. FYI It happened. The owner has no experience in customer service. I take it, my nor my friends business does not matter to him or what we experienced. Other customers saw it.
A few times a week...........for how many weeks. So you must have observed this behavior many, many times, right?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Platinum member

Once again, people are attacking the poster, who was just sharing their experiences from their perspective. Sheesh.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.