Cody's

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage

Bonefish, Arnold Palmer, Havana, Lopez Legacy and Blufin--the food can be outstanding, depending on what you order--
Old 11-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Bonefish, Arnold Palmer, Havana, Lopez Legacy and Blufin--the food can be outstanding, depending on what you order--
and what your standards are.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Along with terrible table service, I have had the very same experience and opinion
So do you still go there too? Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
Old 11-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Sage

Food freshly prepared--is key--not cooked en mass and heated later--if you can't tell the difference -I'm speaking to deaf ears-I'm talking about food that is not micro-waved or boiled in the bag AND about food that is reheated and kept under warming lamps all day

I built restaurants and I know all their tricks
Old 11-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Food freshly prepared--is key--not cooked en mass and heated later--if you can't tell the difference -I'm speaking to deaf ears-I'm talking about food that is not micro-waved or boiled in the bag AND about food that is reheated and kept under warming lamps all day

I built restaurants and I know all their tricks
Oh, you are talking about the mushroom brie soup served at the country clubs?
Old 11-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Gold member

Last time I went there the service was OK but the food was abysmal. Sitting at the bar can be fun as long as you are inside where no smoking is allowed.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Cody's is a bar that serves food.. Roadhouse is a pretty good word for those that might understand. You go there to meet or make friends, have some (cheap) drinks, watch some sports, listen to the entertainment out on the porch. You go there as u are, with no pretensions. It is folly to compare it to fine dining, or a nice restaurant that happens to serve various levels of alcohol. I like it for what it is, and don;t wish it to be in another category.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

There are so many many opinions of " Cody's mostly negative yes negative. And yet they have a faithful flock who continues to ignore the peanut casings tossed on the floor, the food supplied by " Cheny Bros; and the filthy restrooms...all true.

But yet the " Faithful Flock " continues to hang out at this dump, ignore the obvious...simply because that is what they are used to.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
stopped going there - food was bad and too many people
That seems like an oxymoron.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

I order only one item on the menu at LSL Cody's. The baby back ribs are excellent every time I have had them there. Moist, juicy and fall off the bone delicious. OK....I do not care for the restroom as it is in dire need of a renovation and it is not kept clean enough for my liking.

Love the peanut shells on the floor. That is what the floor is for in a roadhouse type place. I get a kick out of throwing the shells on the floor. As for the all you can eat salad; it is made with fresh ingredients and the Ranch dressing is delicious.

I always order the baked sweet potato and nine times out of ten it is cooked perfectly. There is the odd time it will be a bit too soft but too soft is better than not cooked enough.

I enjoy the atmosphere of LSL Cody's. The peanuts are great too.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Menu

I only go to the LSL Cody's and I only order one item, it the Roadhouse Chopped Steak 10 oz, it use to be only $10.99, I see it's now $12.49. Paired with a baked potato and their large house salad bowl I enjoy it about twice a year. I usually have it cooked MW with grilled onions. I've had the same at Texas Roadhouse, which is called Road Kill Steak and it's not as good. On Saturday afternoons from 1pm to 4pm you can listen to Take Two on the patio who are pretty good duo with their own backup. I've only been to the Cody's at Brownwood one time, and didn't enjoy the atmosphere near as much.

The Villages Florida
That's the same exact thing I only order from there.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
There are so many many opinions of " Cody's mostly negative yes negative. And yet they have a faithful flock who continues to ignore the peanut casings tossed on the floor, the food supplied by " Cheny Bros; and the filthy restrooms...all true.

But yet the " Faithful Flock " continues to hang out at this dump, ignore the obvious...simply because that is what they are used to.
Or, maybe they enjoy what they do and with whom they are. Doesn't mean that somehow their ability to judge is off target.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Or, maybe they enjoy what they do and with whom they are. Doesn't mean that somehow their ability to judge is off target.
Some people obviously don't mind, peanuts, terrible food, poor service and filthy restrooms which simply proves the old adage, "Birds of a feather flock together"!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

I don't know why a dirty floor is ok in a restaurant.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:03 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Some people obviously don't mind, peanuts, terrible food, poor service and filthy restrooms which simply proves the old adage, "Birds of a feather flock together"!
That flock sounds like a lot more fun that hanging with Foodies and Food Snobs!

Closed Thread

Tags
codys, dried, equivalent--took, msg, taste

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.