Cody's beer pitcher prices outragous!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel
Default Cody's beer pitcher prices outragous!!!!

We had friends in visiting us from Pennsylvania for a week. My hubby and I told them to Cody's Saturday night. Needless to say we had to wait for a table. We did get seated after 7pm. Here is the rub. All three guys told turns ordering pitchers of beer for the table. What a shock when the bill came!!!
Each pitchers was $12.50!!!!!! Note, the pitcher prices were not listed in the menu!
What a rip!!!! We voiced our concerns with the manager and told him we thought the pitchers prices were too high. He did not care and said the price were comparable to other places? NOT!!! Plus the pitchers had a cooler device in each one. Giving us less beer!!!
Food was good, beer prices outragous!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Sage

It's an old, old warning - if you don't see the price on the menu, ASK before you order
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
We had friends in visiting us from Pennsylvania for a week. My hubby and I told them to Cody's Saturday night. Needless to say we had to wait for a table. We did get seated after 7pm. Here is the rub. All three guys told turns ordering pitchers of beer for the table. What a shock when the bill came!!!
Each pitchers was $12.50!!!!!! Note, the pitcher prices were not listed in the menu!
What a rip!!!! We voiced our concerns with the manager and told him we thought the pitchers prices were too high. He did not care and said the price were comparable to other places? NOT!!! Plus the pitchers had a cooler device in each one. Giving us less beer!!!
How many ounces?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

A few of the restaurants have seen price increases in their beer and a few have dropped the Yuengling brand, TGIF is $3.25/glass for yuengling, Red Sauce serves Kilian for $1.50 now,McCalls is $3.29 for yuengling, Palmer I don't remember the exact prices but they were up also, these are 12-20 OZ prices. So as someone said ask if you don't see it. Remember TV is a cash cow.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
A few of the restaurants have seen price increases in their beer and a few have dropped the Yuengling brand, TGIF is $3.25/glass for yuengling, Red Sauce serves Kilian for $1.50 now,McCalls is $3.29 for yuengling, Palmer I don't remember the exact prices but they were up also, these are 12-20 OZ prices. So as someone said ask if you don't see it. Remember TV is a cash cow.
How much is the usual price of a mixed drink here in TV and in say, Chicago and New York these days? A pitcher of beer? A glass of house wine?

I don't drink anymore. I really don't. Sweetie does but I never look at the prices.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-27-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Sage

I paid $15 in Ct for a pitcher of beer last week when out with the boys.

BTW - We had three pitchers.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Sage

Pitchers of beer at Tierra del Sol are only 6 bucks.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Sage

Had a conversation with some friends recently when it was stated that *one* mixed drink at a restaurant was $8.00. THAT is why a lot of folks go for the *two for one* happy hour drinks!!!

Even soft drinks cost around $3.00 per glass these days! That's why many folks just ask for water. Costs are going up all over---check the menu for the food items AND also the grocery store costs. Gas prices going up....THAT will affect all of our life-styles!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How much is the usual price of a mixed drink here in TV and in say, Chicago and New York these days? A pticher of beer? A glass of house wine?

I don't drink anymore. I really don't. Sweetie does but I never look at the prices.
Gracie there's no comparison. NY prices when I was up last I paid $9.00 for a draft beer at one of my old favorite pubs. I'll take TV prices anyday. If I feel I'm paying to much for draft at one place I go to another. As for mixed drinks here if your drinking well drinks $2.25 and up depeding on where your going.TGIF does name brand Jack&Coke for $4.00 VS $8.00 on Long Island.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Default Prices??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
You have to realize these business owners pay big rent to The Villages. So you, your friends, myself and others can enjoy a nice place. You are at a resturant on a lake, not at a Moose club in Pennsyvania. If you wanna play, you have to pay. Codys gets a great crowd, they have a great concept, keep up the good work.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Gold member

Ha Ha good one. Also very true.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Veteran member
Default price of beer

I am going up to London tonight, before travelling to France. The price for one pint of beer is about $15, not a pitcher, a pint!! A glass of decent wine will be the same, forget cocktails
We love the prices in Florida in general as they are so much cheaper than home!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Everyone keeps saying about the prices from somewhere else well this isnt some where else. I guess its time to start brewing our own. Profit on beer and alcohol is where they make their money but you have to be kidding. Lets start a boycott on different restaurants each week and see what happens. After all what else is there to do after golf. I dont golf so it doesnt matter. Cody's is getting to junky any way just dosent look clean (over use) Ya ll let every one know if you want to try the experiment (boycott that is)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Everyone keeps saying about the prices from somewhere else well this isnt some where else. I guess its time to start brewing our own. Profit on beer and alcohol is where they make their money but you have to be kidding. Lets start a boycott on different restaurants each week and see what happens. After all what else is there to do after golf. I dont golf so it doesnt matter. Cody's is getting to junky any way just dosent look clean (over use) Ya ll let every one know if you want to try the experiment (boycott that is)
I hope this is just a joke.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM

I have not been to Chicago in 3 years but last time there paid $18.00 for a pitcher of beer. Sounds like a good price to me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.