Cody's beer pitcher prices outragous!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Sage

Thanks for the idea. I am going to Cody's for beer and wings for lunch today.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
We had friends in visiting us from Pennsylvania for a week. My hubby and I told them to Cody's Saturday night. Needless to say we had to wait for a table. We did get seated after 7pm. Here is the rub. All three guys told turns ordering pitchers of beer for the table. What a shock when the bill came!!!
Each pitchers was $12.50!!!!!! Note, the pitcher prices were not listed in the menu!
What a rip!!!! We voiced our concerns with the manager and told him we thought the pitchers prices were too high. He did not care and said the price were comparable to other places? NOT!!! Plus the pitchers had a cooler device in each one. Giving us less beer!!!
Food was good, beer prices outragous!!!!
$12.50 for five beers (PICTURE).
Cost per beer = $2.50.

I think you may have missed that happy hour is over at 7PM so you were on the regular pricing for beer. $2.50 per beer at dinner hour pricing is a very good price. What us drinking Villagers do in an attempt to drink a lot of beer for a little bit of money is go at noon and party down during happy hour prices that run from opening time all the way to 7PM. If ya can't get a cheep hum on during those hours, sorry. Wait till they get so popular that they charge a cover during dinner time when they have live entertainment. I for one would pay it because Cody's is so much fun and they have great food.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
A few of the restaurants have seen price increases in their beer and a few have dropped the Yuengling brand, TGIF is $3.25/glass for yuengling, Red Sauce serves Kilian for $1.50 now,McCalls is $3.29 for yuengling, Palmer I don't remember the exact prices but they were up also, these are 12-20 OZ prices. So as someone said ask if you don't see it. Remember TV is a cash cow.
Went to a few of the larger events at Spanish springs, St pats day, ect. Italian restaurant on the corner set up a rolling bar and charged 2 bucks for a very large beer and the glass of wine was also priced well. There are some good deals around the villages, lol.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

The price of drinks in New York, Chicago or London is not relevant to this thread. The concern is the price in relation to other Villages venues, such as Tierra Del Sol at $6 a pitcher.

As an aside, we are really getting ripped off on gasoline prices in The Villages since it costs only 18 cents a gallon in Venezuela.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Gold member

Cost of anything has the price of product, real estate, labor, taxes, insurance, utilities and profit margin built in. Business know they must be competitive to survive. Unless all the businesses that serve beer are conspiring together, the price should be fair given the cost of doing business in this area. If the price is not competitive, find a place that is.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree as I said I either drink a different beer or go to a different drinking establishment.Red Sauce,Cody's ,TGIF and Evans are my hang outs. We go to Palmer once a month and they are high on their pitchers also. But it is what it is. It's much cheaper the Long Island was as is everything else here.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have a friend who owned three restaurants, a steak house, and two Ruby Tuesday types. He said he made most of his money on booze.

Because of what he told me I order water wth a lemon slice when I go out and then feel free to calorie up on food.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have a friend who owned three restaurants, a steak house, and two Ruby Tuesday types. He said he made most of his money on booze.

Because of what he told me I order water wth a lemon slice when I go out and then feel free to calorie up on food.
I know of a few Villagers who actually take their individual packs of Crystal Light lemonade to restaurants and mix up their drinks in full view of the server. They got extremely angry at Glenview when the server told them they would be charged 75 cents each.

A few restaurants began to charge 75 cents when customers would order "extra lemon" for their water and would make lemonade at the table.

Good for them. Restaurants deserve the extra charges for such cheapskate customers who think they are entitled to freebies.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I know of a few Villagers who actually take their individual packs of Crystal Light lemonade to restaurants and mix up their drinks in full view of the server. They got extremely angry at Glenview when the server told them they would be charged 75 cents each.

A few restaurants began to charge 75 cents when customers would order "extra lemon" for their water and would make lemonade at the table.

Good for them. Restaurants deserve the extra charges for such cheapskate customers who think they are entitled to freebies.
I totally agree !!! I bet they wouldn't like it if it was theirs or their kids restaurant !!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

Wow. That is cheaper than anything I have ever witnessed or even heard of before. I bet they tip good also. LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Platinum member

You've got to love the High Rollers-LOL

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
You've got to love the High Rollers-LOL

That is something I could never do. WOW - making lemonade out of water in front of the server. That's chutzpa.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

That is something I could never do. WOW - making lemonade out of water in front of the server. That's chutzpa.
And then complain about a 10 lb dog four tables away.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
And then complain about a 10 lb dog four tables away.
They do not complain about the dog,just the people who bring them it.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Restaurant + Alcohol = Big Profit Margin
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.