Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody’s Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-brownwood-295284/)

BobnBev 07-22-2019 10:33 PM

On the bright side, we had dinner tonight at Arnold Palmer's. Great steak and lobster, terrific waiter, very quiet dining room. The bill was very reasonable, and I tipped him 33%.:bigbow:

DReifinger 07-23-2019 06:50 AM

We used to go there all the time. Had a couple of not so good experiences, but the last straw was when we took guests last year. It was not crowded at all. The food was not right and the service was awful. That was in LSL. Haven't been back since.

xcaligirl 07-23-2019 12:38 PM

Cody's Mulberry is horrible, tried to like it one too many times. Service and food were so bad. We won't be going back again! Seems like a trend with all the Cody's, I thought it was just Mulberry!

Chatbrat 07-23-2019 05:31 PM

Absentee owner that is clueless--recipee for failure

JRichm369 07-23-2019 07:55 PM

We moved into the villages in Sept. 2014 CODY's was the best bar food place we had found. Over the years that we have been here we had enjoyed, lately things have been sometimes good as well as sometimes bad they have deteriorated to a point that we do not go there any longer.deteriorated to the point

Aloha1 07-23-2019 08:07 PM

Sounds like there might be 3 restaurant spots coming available soon. If so, let's hope the developer vets the bidders better this time around.

wv25071 07-29-2019 07:01 AM

Same thing for me. I was just 1 person on this last trip and it took 20 mins to get a cola, 40 mins to get my steak and 20 mins after finishing to get my bill about 1 year ago. The employees were not working at all. They were standing around talking and a few were taking care of, what appeared to be regulars at the bar, so my husband nor I go there anymore as the food and service isn't worth the time or money.
This isn't the only time for the Cody's in Brownwood issue. I try a place 3 times and if the issue continues it's a strike out for me to never return.

600th Photo Sq 07-29-2019 10:04 AM

Cody's allows peanut casing's being tossed onto the floor, a sure 100% recipe for rodents, flies, etc. To the Faithful Flock who choose to ignore ..." Enjoy "

KeithDB 08-24-2019 08:37 AM

We went to Cody's in Brownswood once and we will not go back. The service was abysmal. After waiting half an hour for a server to so much as even look at us I finally confronted one. The food was cold when finally served, the ribs were just bad (didn't like the sauce) and the food was otherwise just mediocre. Not a pleasant dining experience and won't do it again. Gators was much better.

JoMar 08-24-2019 10:22 AM

Cody's was a go to place.....haven't been there in over a year for meals. We do stop for take out deserts now and then which I assume are made by some other company. The peanut shells should be a non issue IF they clean them up at night. There are several places in this country that have that as part of their atmosphere but they clean every night.....in PA actually had a place called the Peanut Bar.

B-flat 08-24-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryb46 (Post 1666250)
Lousy food and even worse service. Closed several times for health violations. Wouldn’t go there even if some else was buying. Too many other choices.

:bigbow:

Midnight Cowgirl 08-24-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1666877)
Sounds like there might be 3 restaurant spots coming available soon. If so, let's hope the developer vets the bidders better this time around.

I don't believe for a minute that Morse vets any new restaurants.

As long as they pay the rent and royalties, that's where it's at!

JoMar 08-24-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1675742)

And that's the way it should be.

Bogie Shooter 08-24-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl (Post 1675742)

So, now you want Morse to decide which restaurants you will have available.
If this was true there would be holy hell to pay expressed right here on TOTV.
Really?

Willbare 08-25-2019 08:57 PM

If you can pass a drug test why would you work at a restaurant?