Cody’s Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Angry Cody’s Brownwood

I don’t usually comment but I feel compelled to discuss Cody’s in Brownwood. 11 guys went there tonight for dinner and it was the worst experience several of us have ever experienced in a restaurant. Yes 3 or 4 guys food was ok, but one guy never got his food, and several received their food cold. To get refills on drinks we had go to the bar and get them. Had the place been full it would have been tolerable,but it was a “slow” night.. when all this was brought to the attention of the manager she blamed everything on employees not showing up for work. Eventually we did receive a 20% discount on the bill, but it required intervention from the manager at the Mulberry Cody.
Many of us will write this restaurant off as a place to go as a group or individually.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Only go there to pickup their deserts to take home.....a true example of a squandred opportunity.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-16-2019, 04:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftim1 View Post
I don’t usually comment but I feel compelled to discuss Cody’s in Brownwood. 11 guys went there tonight for dinner and it was the worst experience several of us have ever experienced in a restaurant. Yes 3 or 4 guys food was ok, but one guy never got his food, and several received their food cold. To get refills on drinks we had go to the bar and get them. Had the place been full it would have been tolerable,but it was a “slow” night.. when all this was brought to the attention of the manager she blamed everything on employees not showing up for work. Eventually we did receive a 20% discount on the bill, but it required intervention from the manager at the Mulberry Cody.
Many of us will write this restaurant off as a place to go as a group or individually.
Very similar experience at Codys Sumter on Friday eve. Will be a long time before we return .
Old 07-16-2019, 05:49 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Nothing new here. Some things never change.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Sage

We stopped going to the same location while ago, we were seated @ the bar after getting our first round , the bar person ignored us--finally got his attention--he said they we're out of the vodka we had started drinking with-untrained help is one of the biggest problems in all restaurants here
Old 07-16-2019, 06:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

What it is, is what it is.................

A place with too large of a menu, serving pre-packaged bar food.

Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

Very popular place for many.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

We’ve crossed off Cody’s of places we want to eat at. A few years ago when we had a home in Oak Run Ocala we went to Cody’s quite a few times and it was very good. Here in TV we stay away from Cody’s. One of the last times we went to the one in Mulberry my wife’s ribs were never heated they were ice cold. My meal wasn’t so good either. We have friends who told us they were trying really hard to like Cody’s because they lived close by to Mulberry but they too kept getting meals less than satisfactory.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:39 AM
Sage

I have a friend who lives real close to the Cody's in Mulberry, as a waitress was trying to serve a platter of ribs, the ribs fell of the plate , landed on the floor, she picked it up ,put it on the plate--they walked out--you can't make this stuff up
Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Cody's has some good qualities, I enjoy listening to Take Two on Saturday afternoons at LSL Codys from 1pm to 4pm. We've probably gone five times in the last 8 weeks. Ronnie is great on the keyboard and with the band in the box backup, the duo can play anything from Lady Antebellum to Prince. Ronnie is also a great comedian, my favorite is when they play Louie Louie by the Kingsman, but he calls them the Klansman, for a black fellow that is funny. They're always wearing neat matching Hawaiian shirts and outfits.

The Villages Florida

Take2music.org
Old 07-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

We've been Codys customers in The Villages from day one at LSL, and now Brownwood. We've seen mostly good employees( but not all ), mostly good meals ( but not all ), and for the most part, good store managers. Over the past few months, we have opted for drinks, wings, salads, and bar burgers at the bar, versus taking a chance on a full dinner. It is extremely difficult to hire and maintain a good and reliable staff that can pass a drug test. It took Bluefin and now The Chop House several months to staff up. But, if you are in the restaurant business, you've got to figure this out. Customers want good meals in a clean establishment, with no excuses.
Back to Codys, my humble opinion is... The owner(s) have expanded beyond their capabilities operating four locations. And they put alot of faith and trust in regional management that appears to be all fluff, no substance. I sincerely wish them well, and we'll go back for drinks and wings, but they need customers buying dinners, and I don't trust them for that.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:20 PM
Gold member

It's not just Cody's that can't keep an "enthusiastic" staff in TV. Why do you think that is?
Old 07-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

There are many threads regarding " Cody's " most of them on the negative side. Yet the Die Hard Flock keep going there, and keep ignoring all the obvious.

No point in me repeating my previous comments, this new thread backs up those comments.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:27 AM

I was a 5-5 times a week customer, mostly ordered from the bar menu my last time there I witnessed a kitchen employee walk out of the bathroom stall after he flushed and never washed his hands. I’m a former restaurant owner and I’m well aware this happens but I’ll never go back again.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Gold member

We ate their last month and will NEVER go back. Food was terrible! BYE BYE!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

As others have noted from time to time, the largest problem any restaurant manager has is keeping good staff. It is a very serious problem in The Villages. Too many restaurants and not enough help. I have no answers... if you pay more salary to get good help you have to charge more for the food and Village residents seem to have a “thing” about paying more than a certain amount for their food and service. No good answers...

Tags
food, place, manager, cody’s, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.