Cody’s Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2019, 09:51 AM

I have heard this same story over and over again. I have had plenty of bad experiences there myself and I stop going. This has been going on since the beginning and every time the manager says, "this is not the way we do business, we are better than that"... Guess what, you're not. Lousy management, poor grinning, no oversight

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage

Cheap happy hour can't save this place--lousy mgt--killed Hacienda Hills and cause an owner change @ Legacy, Havana & the Glenview--Cody's corp. mgt may save the day
Old 07-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Cheap happy hour can't save this place--lousy mgt--killed Hacienda Hills and cause an owner change @ Legacy, Havana & the Glenview--Cody's corp. mgt may save the day
CHEAP happy hour did all that damage???
Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
CHEAP happy hour did all that damage???
I have to agree with the Brat on this one.....lousy mgt--killed Hacienda Hills and Glenview CC's.
At least I think that is what he was saying.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage

--hate to say it, the Cane is next, just because you can pay for a restaurant, doesn't mean you have the expertise to run it--the Cane is in a slow death spiral
Old 07-22-2019, 03:30 AM
Default Ribs Fell Off the Plate- Only to Be Served Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I have a friend who lives real close to the Cody's in Mulberry, as a waitress was trying to serve a platter of ribs, the ribs fell of the plate , landed on the floor, she picked it up ,put it on the plate--they walked out--you can't make this stuff up
Unless I had been there to witness this event, I follow the old axiom of "I never believe anything I hear, and only half of what I read".
Old 07-22-2019, 03:43 AM
Sage

The gentleman who told me about the "ribs" lives within walking distance of the Mulberry , he said he would never set foot in the place, it happened right after they had just opened--zero training for servers
Old 07-22-2019, 05:22 AM

Lousy food and even worse service. Closed several times for health violations. Wouldn’t go there even if some else was buying. Too many other choices.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 AM
Default What's New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Nothing new here. Some things never change.
This place was a great place when they first opened. After a few weeks, the place got dirty, failed many inspections, forgot what Customer Service was all about. Changed managers several times, but for some reason, they just don't get it. Once asked to upgrade to a Cesar Salad and was told it was a $7.48 up charge...which is the regular price of a Cesar Salad. Of the 3 Cody's in our area, the Mulberry location seems to be the only one with consistent service. Unfortunately, the quality of the steak offerings is nothing like Longhorn, Outback, or Texas RoadHouse as far as quality. Hard to find a positive review of Cody's in the last 2 years! Too many other choices.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftim1 View Post
I don’t usually comment but I feel compelled to discuss Cody’s in Brownwood. 11 guys went there tonight for dinner and it was the worst experience several of us have ever experienced in a restaurant. Yes 3 or 4 guys food was ok, but one guy never got his food, and several received their food cold. To get refills on drinks we had go to the bar and get them. Had the place been full it would have been tolerable,but it was a “slow” night.. when all this was brought to the attention of the manager she blamed everything on employees not showing up for work. Eventually we did receive a 20% discount on the bill, but it required intervention from the manager at the Mulberry Cody.
Many of us will write this restaurant off as a place to go as a group or individually.
Not making an excuse but I have heard the same explanation of employees not showing up for work. The restaurants here have a tough go trying to get good workers. They show up for 2 weeks and then call in sick time after time. Again no excuse buts its sad that people dont want to work and the establishment cant fire them because then they really would be short of employees. I too have have had poor service at Codys and until they can get a good work force ( which may be Never) I choose not to go there.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:03 AM

Your not safe with takeout either. I ordered 4 fajita dinners took them home and discovered that all I had was fajitas with chicken but no vegies or sour cream. I call the Brownwood manager who said he would void my credit card transaction. Well this never happened so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. They won't be getting my business anymore!~
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Default No way!

We wrote Cody’s off years ago, when we ate at the one in Sumter Landing. Flies were everywhere, so many it was impossible to keep them from landing on the food, straws, and tables. Service took forever, and the food was on the low side of mediocre. The clincher was when we read in the paper the number of health violations this restaurant had—live roaches and rats in the kitchen, among other things. Yuck! Will never go there again!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
We wrote Cody’s off years ago, when we ate at the one in Sumter Landing. Flies were everywhere, so many it was impossible to keep them from landing on the food, straws, and tables. Service took forever, and the food was on the low side of mediocre. The clincher was when we read in the paper the number of health violations this restaurant had—live roaches and rats in the kitchen, among other things. Yuck! Will never go there again!
That was our experience, as well as LSL. Have never been to any of the others or had any desire to try them.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:32 PM

We've given Cody's in Mulberry several chances and we have had it. Food is terrible. We will not go back and we were very excited when they came to our area. I will not be surprised to see them close down.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

And the " Faithful Flock " keep going back to prop them up, smile make polite conversation, I put it down to " Stockholm Syndrome " .

The place is a Dump.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, place, manager, cody’s, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.