Cody's Covid Precautions

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2020, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default Cody's Covid Precautions

Cody's is the one restaurant that I was not too happy with the way they constructed the plexiglass on top of the backs of their booths. They left a large space between the bottom of the plexiglass and the top of the back of the booth. That space defeated the purpose of installing the plexiglass to begin with.

I filled out a customer suggestion form about 3 weeks ago to voice my concern. Hubby and I went back to Cody's LSL location a week ago and I was pleasantly surprised to see they have made a great attempt to close that gap. They "plugged up" the gap and it gives the impression of being a safer environment for diners.

Thank you to Cody's for acting upon my concern. Actually, it was probably several people that voiced a concern and not just me.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Cody's is the one restaurant that I was not too happy with the way they constructed the plexiglass on top of the backs of their booths. They left a large space between the bottom of the plexiglass and the top of the back of the booth. That space defeated the purpose of installing the plexiglass to begin with.

I filled out a customer suggestion form about 3 weeks ago to voice my concern. Hubby and I went back to Cody's LSL location a week ago and I was pleasantly surprised to see they have made a great attempt to close that gap. They "plugged up" the gap and it gives the impression of being a safer environment for diners.

Thank you to Cody's for acting upon my concern. Actually, it was probably several people that voiced a concern and not just me.
And that's all it is----an IMPRESSION. No scientific proof it does anything

Let me correct that----the barrier lessens the chance I will overhear people at the next table talking about Aunt Tillie's bunions

Last edited by golfing eagles; 10-26-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Thus lays the problem. Anything stopping someone from breathing on someone else is a good thing.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Let me correct that----the barrier lessens the chance I will overhear people at the next table talking about Aunt Tillie's bunions
People have been talking about them bunions since before I can remember
Old 11-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:

Easy solution: DON'T go there.

I am sure that they did only what was mandated to do to reopen and get customers back.
You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time.
“You can't make everybody happy. You aren't a jar of Nutella.”
Old 11-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:

I always ask for a table when I eat out. Too bad they don't put doors on the booths so I don't have to look at those scary cats that need a hazmat tent in order to eat out.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Easy solution: DON'T go there.

I am sure that they did only what was mandated to do to reopen and get customers back.
You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all of the time.
“You can't make everybody happy. You aren't a jar of Nutella.”
You are absolutely correct about not going to a restaurant where I don't feel safe. I agree with you about that. However, Cody's is one of our favorite restaurants in TV and we wanted to see if they did anything to rectify the flawed design of their safety precautions with the booths. I was happy to see Cody's did make the improvement.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I always ask for a table when I eat out. Too bad they don't put doors on the booths so I don't have to look at those scary cats that need a hazmat tent in order to eat out.
It is smart to be careful but that's just me.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,527 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Ed Zachary.
Not sure why people would get up in arms about someone sitting at another booth with their back to you. How exactly are they going to spit on you or touch you, plexiglass or not? I'm sure someone will figure out a way for someone to sneeze out of the back of their head and direct the droplets right through that gap.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte1 View Post
easy solution: Don't go there.

“you can't make everybody happy. You aren't a jar of nutella.”
amen brother!!!!
Old 11-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

According to a poll by Open Table, 74 percent of restaurant customers prefer a booth over a table. Why? Because it's cozier.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Ed Zachary.
Not sure why people would get up in arms about someone sitting at another booth with their back to you. How exactly are they going to spit on you or touch you, plexiglass or not? I'm sure someone will figure out a way for someone to sneeze out of the back of their head and direct the droplets right through that gap.
Among the germ theorists. There are those armed with microscopes and others with fly swatters.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:

Duh. I think I would fire the guy who designed the plexiglass with a gap above the booth.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Ed Zachary.
I'm hoping the plexiglass will lessen the possibility of aerosols from coming my way. I know the plexiglass will not put me in a cocoon but less aerosols is better than more.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
According to a poll by Open Table, 74 percent of restaurant customers prefer a booth over a table. Why? Because it's cozier.
Hubby and I have always preferred a booth over a table for the coziness and that is pre-pandemic too.

Tags
codys, plexiglass, concern, back, ago

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.