Cody's disrespectful server!

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Are your scouts out Angie or am I being the four letter word again???...
Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Sage

Our posse!!!!

Couldn't find the squirt guns! Skyguy can find them!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Gold member

These kids are trying to be funny (at least to each other)...there is one point to make however, I have see posts in which the poster expressed being uncomfortable with the young kids being in the Villages in the evenings, 'hanging around'. When a person is uncomfortable it shows and may come across as dislike or arrogance. I may be wrong, but while driving to TV it seems that we drove through some areas that were economically depressed...if the young people were from areas like this and TV is seen as an 'upscale' community, the reactions of some residents to the young people may be perceived as unfriendly or even snooty. I don't think there is a solution to this, we can't all walk around grinning like idiots at everyone (OK, I'll try when I get there!). I wouldn't worry about it though. I could start a facebook page "I hate cute little puppies" and I guarantee there would be followers. (btw...I don't hate puppies...I love em..just trying to come up with an example!)
Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 AM

As I said, the situation was getting a little tense and I thought a little levity might ease the situation. In hindsight, should have just asked for the manager. My wife & I enjoy almost all of the resteraunts and retail stores in The Villages as well as the people who work there. Many fine young adults trying to get ahead in life or just make ends meet.
DG
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

You did nothing wrong DGx2-I'm not surprised that some posters here hinted that your remarks were the wrong things to say.There are always certain people here that just don't accept the facts and try to blame the poster.I have never had a problem with the service at Cody's and can remember some nice experiences with servers and managers but that certainly doesn't mean your situation didn't happen.In hindsight we would all handle certain things differently,but that DOESN"T mean your server was justified in his behavior.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Sage

I agree with gatherer47, I might have said something like you did as well to try to get the server to laugh. If you can make them laugh it generally defuses the situation.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Our posse!!!!

Couldn't find the squirt guns! Skyguy can find them!
Found and ordered them and waiting for delevery. You'll have 2 choices of color. Hope I ordered enough!

The Villages Florida

Why am I feeling like Charlie and his Angels?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Found and ordered them and waiting for delevery. You'll have 2 choices of color. Hope I ordered enough!

The Villages Florida

Why am I feeling like Charlie and his Angels?
Do they come loaded with mustard and ketchup?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage

I don't think you can be arrested for water.

Not sure about mustard or Ketchup. Catsup...

No hot sauce to be sure.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGx2 View Post
It seems like every since the kind elderly gentlemen who greeted you at the front door passed away, so has Cody's service. We went up the other night to grab a burger and beer out on the lanai. Been goin' there for couples of years, so we know it can get pretty crazy(busy). Long story short, after getting everything ourselves and enjoying the ever increasingly smaller burger they serve, my wife kindly asked a server passing by if he could get us our check, he said "sure, I'll be right back" after 15 minutes my wife asked another server if he could get us our check. He began to mock her for using her hands while talking. This went on for a minute or two and my wife explained this was the second time she had asked for the check so perhaps she was trying to use her hands to illustrate her point since it was loud and had apparently communicated very ineffectively to the prior server. He proceeded to mock her some more and then took off. When he came back with the bill he started in again, by this time I was a bit miffed and tried to bring some levity to the situation. I said to the disrespctful server "Sir, I am afraid you have insulted my wife and therefore I feel compelled to challenge you to a dual on the field of honor" . He immediately became agitated and proceeded to tell us he had 150 guns at home at just let him know when and where. I thought he was joking, as I was about the whole dual thing. He became so agitated and confrontational, I gathered up my wife and the bill, took it to the bar and paid the tab to the first person who would take our money. This was by far the most bizzare interaction I think I have ever had with anyone, let alone someone who is supposed to be courteous and respectful. I was so taken aback I didn't even tell the manager about it as I feared the employee would seek retribution. I'm sure this is an isolated incident, however we will probably not go back for a looooong time.
DG
P.S. Neither me or my wife were drunk, beligerent or demanding. His disrespect was unprovoked.
Sounds similiar to what is found out after the fact when one of these nuts with their guns start shooting people. There are always signs beforehand; they were quiet, they were beligerent, they were loaners, etc. An isolated incident, maybe or maybe not. Could this be a troubled person with 150 guns? Its probably still not too late to call the Manager and explain what happened................
Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Sage

I may be wrong and frequently I am but after watching Judge Judy for a long time. I believe the law considers something like purposely spilling a drink on someone to be an assault.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Sounds similiar to what is found out after the fact when one of these nuts with their guns start shooting people. There are always signs beforehand; they were quiet, they were beligerent, they were loaners, etc. An isolated incident, maybe or maybe not. Could this be a troubled person with 150 guns? Its probably still not too late to call the Manager and explain what happened................
You are right. Some of us were joking around... and the whole issue here is that this sounds like this person is a little off. He falls outside of what would be considered the perimeters for normal behavior for a server, or for anyone.

Like they say..

If you SEE something, SAY something.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Do they come loaded with mustard and ketchup?
NO! Ammunition sold separately!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right. Some of us were joking around... and the whole issue here is that this sounds like this person is a little off. He falls outside of what would be considered the perimeters for normal behavior for a server, or for anyone.

Like they say..

If you SEE something, SAY something.
Bumping...

Sorry Skyguy.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bumping...

Sorry Skyguy.
Hey-hey... love is never having to say you're sorry!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.