Cody’s LSL Remodel?

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Cody’s LSL Remodel?

I heard or read that Cody’s at LSL had been remodeled inside. Anyone been there who can describe improvements?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage

The online news had a story on June 29.

One paragraph said, "Dean Turner, who serves as director of operations for the local Cody’s, said customers will find a remodeled eatery in Lake Sumter Landing that’s been freshened up and improved. He said some of those improvements include taking down a shed over the bar, better placement of televisions and new flooring in the bar area and restrooms that are now completely touchless."
Old 07-10-2020, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

I started this thread last week.........

Cody's LSL Open
Old 07-10-2020, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Hope they remodel the food.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I only order baby back ribs from Cody's. They are always excellent. I've not had better anywhere, including New Jersey and New York. Cody's serves an all you can eat salad with always fresh Romaine lettuce, lots of cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers and the most delicious Ranch dressing. I have always had a perfectly cooked baked sweet potato in Cody's. I do not want this meal to be remodeled. Perfection should not be remodeled.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Hope they still let you throw the shells on the floor. As long as they sweep up every night think it is a nice touch
Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hope they still let you throw the shells on the floor. As long as they sweep up every night think it is a nice touch
Nope. They ask if you want peanuts. If you do, they hand you a small paper bag filled with peanuts and another small (empty) bag for the shells.

Personally, I never understood the whole "throw the shells on the floor" thing. The place looks and feels a million times cleaner without all that crap on the floor.

kathy
Old 07-11-2020, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I only order baby back ribs from Cody's. They are always excellent. I've not had better anywhere, including New Jersey and New York. Cody's serves an all you can eat salad with always fresh Romaine lettuce, lots of cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers and the most delicious Ranch dressing. I have always had a perfectly cooked baked sweet potato in Cody's. I do not want this meal to be remodeled. Perfection should not be remodeled.
Obviously, you haven't been to Oakwood. No comparison. Cody's ribs are a far cry from excellent - they range from tough to good, and the sauce is not that good (in my opinion, of course ).

I've had ribs at every state I've been to - and that includes Texas and Kansas where they are known for ribs - and Oakwood beats them all for taste and tenderness.

I really can't order ribs anywhere else in TV knowing that they won't hold a candle to Oakwood.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:01 AM

I like the ribs at Cody’s. I’ve had good to very bad ribs at Oakwood. Very inconsistent in my opinion.

I lived in Kansas and there are at least A dozen places that have excellent ribs. On a scale of 1-10, I’d give these Kansas restaurants an 8, Cody’s a 6 and Oakwood a 5. The sauce is as important as the ribs and in many Kansas restaurants they have at least 5 choices. Just my opinion. 😊
Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Nope. They ask if you want peanuts. If you do, they hand you a small paper bag filled with peanuts and another small (empty) bag for the shells.

Personally, I never understood the whole "throw the shells on the floor" thing. The place looks and feels a million times cleaner without all that crap on the floor.

kathy
Was introduced to it many years ago at a NE restaurant Ground Round and just found it a fun place. They do need to sweep up the shells each night though
Old 07-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Was introduced to it many years ago at a NE restaurant Ground Round and just found it a fun place. They do need to sweep up the shells each night though
The tubs of peanuts were removed to prevent the general public from sticking their paws in the peanuts and throw some back in after handling them and the employees are not handling them. Given the current situation good idea. I remember the ground rounds!
Old 07-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
The tubs of peanuts were removed to prevent the general public from sticking their paws in the peanuts and throw some back in after handling them and the employees are not handling them. Given the current situation good idea. I remember the ground rounds!
For now that is certainly the way to go.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
That would require a total demolition and rebuild. Very few places much worse.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
No shells on the floor. They give you the peanuts in a small paper bag and another paper bag to put the shells in.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Obviously, you haven't been to Oakwood. No comparison. Cody's ribs are a far cry from excellent - they range from tough to good, and the sauce is not that good (in my opinion, of course ).

I've had ribs at every state I've been to - and that includes Texas and Kansas where they are known for ribs - and Oakwood beats them all for taste and tenderness.

I really can't order ribs anywhere else in TV knowing that they won't hold a candle to Oakwood.
I have had the baby back ribs in Oakwood. They were good but not "fall off the bone" good like Cody's.

Tags
cody’s, lsl, describe, inside, remodeled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.