Cody's - manager needs to get a new job

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Default Cody's - manager needs to get a new job

Three of us went to Cody's yesterday evening for the first time.

We arrived at 18.08 and were given a "flasher" and told the wait would be 20-25 minutes. We went to the boardwalk (not over the bridge) and returned to the front entrance after 10 minutes to wait. After 40 minutes I went in to check what was taking so long, and was told I was not even on their list.

I pointed out that I had been given one of their "flashers" and asked for the manager. I explained what had happened and he walked off, totally unconcerned, without saying a word.

We left and, on the way out, I told the Greeter what had happened (we had been chatting earlier while I waited) and that we were finding somewhere else to eat. He rushed inside, and immediately arranged with the Reception for us to have a nice table. Our server came to take our drinks order and said that we had just missed Happy Hour - it was 19.05 by now. I explained what had happened, and she came back with two-for-one drinks.

So the staff at Cody's saved the day, while the manager did absolutely nothing and should find himself a job more suited to his lack of people skills.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I had a little problem at Cody's at Sumter Landing once, and did not get to speak to a manager. I went online to their web site and sent their corporate headquarters my comments. Lo and behold, with 48 hours I received a call from the local Cody's manager and they addressed my issue to my satisfaction. Maybe you should do the same. http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/ is the web site - just click on their "Tell Us What You Think" link to give them your comments.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Gold member

I guess its true "squeaky wheel gets - etc'
Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 AM

Unless they recently changed, the manager is a lady.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgammon6 View Post
My first time there so I wouldn't know, but I asked for the manager and a man appeared...
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Restaurants usually have several managers.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgammon6 View Post
The General manager, Sandy, is a lady. Scott & James are managers.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

I have talked with James, the manager, several times at Cody's. He always comes by the table and asks if everything is okay. I have told him of partially baked rolls or salad bowl that was not refilled. James has taken care of the situation personally and with a pleasant attitude.

Last summer, I was dining outside and someone noticed a harmless pine snake in the bushes. One of the female servers grabbed a broom handle to kill the snake. James quickly stopped her and gently used the handle to remove the snake to a location well off the restaurant property. That makes a lot more sense than killing it.

Cody's has a good staff. You can get an off night in any restaurant. The suggestion about going to the website is good. Use it for both compliments as well as complaints.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Sorry what happened. I also go to Cody's and have only had one bad experience. It happens sometimes, but all in all Cody's is great.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Sorry what happened. I also go to Cody's and have only had one bad experience. It happens sometimes, but all in all Cody's is great.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We got the "brush off" from a male manager after experiencing horrendous service and wait times during the summer season. He couldn't have cared less that we extended our time at the restaurant to wait and talk with him. Very poor management skills. Whether this manager is James or Scott, whoever it is needs to be replaced.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM

I certainly agree that Cody's itself is nice - great food and wine and the general staff were very friendly and helpful

and quite how the greeter stays so upbeat for all those hours - he had a welcoming word for everyone, whether they were 8 or 80
Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Eternal Member

And once again, someone complains about Cody's service, etc and a number of people people come to its rescue.

And again I ask, why?

If people get bad service, they get bad service. All they are doing is alerting the others on TOTV that Cody's has bad service.

Maybe you people that defend Cody's should tell that magic email address to join TOTV and monitor the problems.

There are too many other places around to put up with bad service from one place.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
We got the "brush off" from a male manager after experiencing horrendous service and wait times during the summer season. He couldn't have cared less that we extended our time at the restaurant to wait and talk with him. Very poor management skills. Whether this manager is James or Scott, whoever it is needs to be replaced.
If it was in the summer, it may not be either one of them. A couple of managers were transferred to the Gainsville & Ocala Codys & there was one that was let go.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Eternal Member

[quote=zcaveman;332063]And once again, someone complains about Cody's service, etc and a number of people people come to its rescue.

And again I ask, why?

If people get bad service, they get bad service. All they are doing is alerting the others on TOTV that Cody's has bad service.

Maybe you people that defend Cody's should tell that magic email address to join TOTV and monitor the problems.

There are too many other places around to put up with bad service from one place. quote]

I can only imagine that if one of your favorites was being complained about you might come on and just mention the fact that you've never had any problems. It's kind of human nature. I can go somewhere 10 times and never have a problem & then one night it's awful. I wouldn't quit going because of that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.