Cotillion Cafe

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Default Cotillion Cafe

Just wondered if any others have discovered this charming and delicious spot in Wildwood? Great Southern cooking, interesting/eclectic decor.....huge portions......the Fried Green Tomatoes.....an apppetizer portion is large enough to feed 4 people. And the baked beans were like no baked beans that I have ever had before!
Enjoy!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bieberfeld View Post
Just wondered if any others have discovered this charming and delicious spot in Wildwood? Great Southern cooking, interesting/eclectic decor.....huge portions......the Fried Green Tomatoes.....an apppetizer portion is large enough to feed 4 people. And the baked beans were like no baked beans that I have ever had before!
Enjoy!
It's a fav of many TOTVers. Do a search and see some of the previous comments.

We've been there and like it.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

been there many times, bought their cookbook, and will go back. One of the best places around. Better for lunch then dinner. And cakes that are outstanding. Key Lime cake. yummmmmmmmm
Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

If you continue down the road (301) a bit further you will come to Polly's Pantry on the right side before you get to Hwy 44. It's a British Tea House owned and operated by a British Couple. A neat little place where everything on the menu is outstanding. Haven't been back to the Cotillion since I found Polly's Pantry. The Shepard's Pie, the Coronation Chicken Salad and the Quiche are fabulous!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 PM

Is that the place on the northeast corner at the intersection of 301 and
466A?? If so, it sure looks dumpy from the outside, but I'll give it a try since everyone seems to recommend it.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

The Cotillion is located in a former bank building near the center of Wildwood on Rt 301. A real treat if you like southern cooking.

http://cafecotillion.com/Menu.html

The restaurant on the corner of 466A & 301 is a local place that has been there since 1946. Went there for breakfast recently and was not impressed.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Platinum member
Default Not Impressed

Was not impressed with the food. I didn't say it was bad, just so so. Don't even remember what I ate. Haven't been there in several months.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:59 PM

We have a recipe for key lime cake but really interested in your.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We went looking for it, but couldn't find it. Can you give more description on how to find this place? What sits next to it? Is there a sign?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
We went looking for it, but couldn't find it. Can you give more description on how to find this place? What sits next to it? Is there a sign?
Look at my post above and click on the url for the Cotillion, they have a map on their web site.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Went a-lookin' again today and finally found it! This was our 3rd time trying to find it. For anyone else who's looking: It is not on the corner, but further down the street. The building appears to be attached to a Window Replacement store and across from City Hall. They have a small sign but it is on their porch on the ground facing the side parking lot. There is a sign painted on the window but it is all but unreadable. Just look for a small, narrow building with white pillars/columns. We didn't eat there, but we'll give you a report when we do.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Default Cotillion Dining

After hearing so much about The Cotillion, a group of 10 Villagers decided to see what we were missing. We had reservations for 5 oclock and when we arrived, almost every table was full. It is a very small place. We were seated immediately. After looking at their menu, we all began to place our orders. 3 of the items we wanted were not available. The salad was excellent and the house dressing was outstanding. The soup was supposed to be a shrimp chowder but was more like a bisque...a little unusual. Most of the diners decided the wait was not what was expected and we found the food to be only ok. The cakes looked awesome but looked better than they tasted. They should have been refrigerated, were warm and the fillings were soggy. Don't think we'd go back.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM

We have been to cotillion twice... We were pleased more with the service we recieved, then the meal. Not discounting the food is good... service is better and that's more important(to us anyway). I could see how they would have a hard time executing a large group, especially if they are busy... Some restaurants are not designed to cater to big parties and my impression is that this is one of those establishments. I would suggest trying them in smaller numbers of 2 and 4..

Peace and love
Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM

It is directly across from City Hall
Old 08-05-2010, 02:08 PM

Today my husband and I were determined to try Cotillion. After driving up and down Main Street in Wildwood four times, I finally called OnStar and we found it. Very quaint, and being native southerners, very comfortable feeling to us. I loved it! May be more of a lady place for lunch, but my husband enjoyed it too. Started with the Fried Green Tomatoes-um! Remoulade sauce had a kick to it. I had the special, chicken salad served in a croissant and with a very fresh tasting berry salad. It was all delicious. He had egg salad-not sure why- but he liked it too. We will definitely go back as soon as I finish my diet which I will start tomorrow!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.