Cody’s At Mulberry

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Cody’s At Mulberry

We ordered a glass of wine, a draft beer, the scallop appetizer and the two for one fajitas. The place wasn’t very busy. After about 25 minutes the waitress brought out the fajitas. I told her we no longer wanted the wine, beer or appetizer. She said we didn’t get the beer because they had to change the keg. She did give me complimentary drafts. She said she forgot to write down the wine and appetizer. We’ve had bad experiences before at Cody’s but they are near by and we’ve given them second and third chances. We will never again dine at Cody’s.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
We ordered a glass of wine, a draft beer, the scallop appetizer and the two for one fajitas. The place wasn’t very busy. After about 25 minutes the waitress brought out the fajitas. I told her we no longer wanted the wine, beer or appetizer. She said we didn’t get the beer because they had to change the keg. She did give me complimentary drafts. She said she forgot to write down the wine and appetizer. We’ve had bad experiences before at Cody’s but they are near by and we’ve given them second and third chances. We will never again dine at Cody’s.

The endless complaint's concerning " Cody's " at every single location, yes everyone, really comes as no surprise.

From poor service, health concern shutdowns, restroom sanitary concerns, food prep, etc. etc, etc.

And yet they stay in business simply because they have a following that ignores the filth.

The bottom line the choice is to ignore the obvious or go somewhere else.

All three locations are filthy dumps.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Gold member

Again, because we live close, we keep giving the Mulberry Cody's chance after chance and it's now come down to the point that we only expect a good experience in every 4 out of 10 visits. Management is a revolving door and they seem to have no control over the kitchen. The staff rarely writes down your order and then go to enter it by memory.

During our last "poor" experience, sitting at the bar and ordering a burger and chicken wings, waited almost 35 minutes, and the burger was raw and the chicken wing meat was pink. Sent everything back, paid for our drinks and left. Went to Legacy bar and grille instead, have never had a bad meal there.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Brucernelson,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience!! We’ve talked about this in the past my wife ordered ribs and they came out ice cold as if they were taken from the refrigerator to the plate. Generally the meals we had there in the past have been from poor to just OK. IT’s a shame because when we had a place in Ocala we had very good dining experiences at the one on S.R. 200. When we want to have a bite nearby it’s Beef O’Brady’s the service is good the food always consistent. I used to tend bar over 40 years ago in everything from a dive to upscale restaurants, no excuse for not being able to change a keg right away and if they couldn’t the it was up to the waitress to give you another beer alternative.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

The endless complaint's concerning " Cody's " at every single location, yes everyone, really comes as no surprise.

From poor service, health concern shutdowns, restroom sanitary concerns, food prep, etc. etc, etc.

And yet they stay in business simply because they have a following that ignores the filth.

The bottom line the choice is to ignore the obvious or go somewhere else.

All three locations are filthy dumps.

Its so onvious that Codys is not a favorite here of the powers that be. They are probably no worse than any other place...just not lining the pockets or kissing the A of all the “family”

We will just have to wait until they close and watch that the favorites take over
Old 10-23-2019, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
We ordered a glass of wine, a draft beer, the scallop appetizer and the two for one fajitas. The place wasn’t very busy. After about 25 minutes the waitress brought out the fajitas. I told her we no longer wanted the wine, beer or appetizer. She h;said we didn’t get the beer because they had to change the keg. She did give me complimentary drafts. She said she forgot to write down the wine and appetizer. We’ve had bad experiences before at Cody’s but they are near by and we’ve given them second and third chances. We will never again dine at Cody’s.
Ok, think about it? While you was getting poor service other was getting excellent service. Not too many choices at the North Pole. Most restaurants I have visited the service was lacking, the food was mediocre at best, and the wait was too long and I rarely go eat out after 6PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:07 PM
Default Try a different cody’s

I’ve been to the Lake Sumter and Brownwood Codys but never Mulberry. now and then we have a slower server but it’s usually when they are rafted. In general, service is good. Maybe that location is the problem????
Old 10-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Could of been just a bad day.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Time for a new enterprise Cody's lost it focus

Tags
cody’s, appetizer, wine, beer, fajitas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.