Cody’s by Mulberry Closing?

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 10:22 AM

Some people are happy, some are not. Same as it always is with the Human population....
Old 07-01-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Ate there once and would NEVER go back, it was THAT bad!
Agree
Old 07-01-2020, 11:10 AM

agree, that also means higher prices. Prices in ads are no bargain.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Default Codys

I hope if they open up at Mulberry the food needs to be better and also the staff
My husband and I have ate there a few times and it was always a disaster, so we quit going
Old 07-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Default Cody’s in Lake Sumter is opening today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Cody’s on HW 42 by Mulberry Rec Center has been loading containers with what seems to be all of their interior furnishings which begs the question, are they closing this location, and are the others still slated to open in July?
Cody’s in Lake Sumter is opening today.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Cody’s Mullbery was a disappointment from the first day.

Very poor management. Never seen such bad service in a restaurant anywhere. The food went from spotty to terrible. The menu was not appealing.

The restaurant concept is way too stale. Fourth years ago old road signs and other junk hanging all over the walls was interesting today it’s “oh God not this again” .

Their outside loud music concept was really a flop. Outside venues work out when there is something nice to see. Something like a lake or a view of square. The view of the back of a parking lot stinks. Besides this is The Villages, not a place for loud pop music.

This Cody’s was like a junk yard company bought up a group of restaurants.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:58 PM

$2 (now $3) bar burgers and cheap beer. I could never stomach the peanuts (even before Covid). Everyone had their hands in the buckets...ewwwww.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

Mulberry closed for good. Sumter and Brownwood open today. No peanuts on floors any more. Give you a little paper bag of nuts if you want. Cleaned thoroughly and saw some changes. You be the judge.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
Cody’s Mullbery was a disappointment from the first day.

Very poor management. Never seen such bad service in a restaurant anywhere. The food went from spotty to terrible. The menu was not appealing.

The restaurant concept is way too stale. Fourth years ago old road signs and other junk hanging all over the walls was interesting today it’s “oh God not this again” .

Their outside loud music concept was really a flop. Outside venues work out when there is something nice to see. Something like a lake or a view of square. The view of the back of a parking lot stinks. Besides this is The Villages, not a place for loud pop music.

This Cody’s was like a junk yard company bought up a group of restaurants.
I'll mark you down as undecided.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadalberts View Post
Some people are happy, some are not. Same as it always is with the Human population....
Not been to any of their locations yet but quite a few people posting here are not at all satisfied with their experiences here.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

We had dinner there tonight. Ate outside. Fair number of people by the time we got there a little after 4. Lots of waitstaff (all wearing masks) and service was very good. I had fillet mignon and fries, hubs had ribs. We were happy with our meal and the experience.

I am so glad they got rid of the buckets of peanuts and all the shell debris on the floor! If you want peanuts they give you two small bags, one with peanuts and one for the trash. Entertainment started at 5 (don't remember his name, sorry) and he said he would be there until 9.

FWIW.

kathy
Old 07-02-2020, 04:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagee View Post
Let's hope they are closing, it would be a public service.
Mulberry-went to listen to a band but swarms of flies on patio made it impossible to eat outside (manager did not seem very concerned), another time ordered but entrees never arrived and we had to order a second time, another time ordered drinks, appetizer and entrees and entrees came out first (waitress claimed that’s all we ordered).
Sumter-salad included a chunk of black plastic which came off of one of their mixing utensils - manager was kind enough to offer me another salad
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I don't live in the area but thought that Cody's was a plus for the plaza. In concept it gave Villages close by another choice.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Mulberry-went to listen to a band but swarms of flies on patio made it impossible to eat outside (manager did not seem very concerned), another time ordered but entrees never arrived and we had to order a second time, another time ordered drinks, appetizer and entrees and entrees came out first (waitress claimed that’s all we ordered).
Sumter-salad included a chunk of black plastic which came off of one of their mixing utensils - manager was kind enough to offer me another salad
Makes one wonder how they stay in business.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrahaim View Post
Cody’s in Lake Sumter is opening today.
I stopped by there today. There were 8 guys sitting at an outside table, and another 8 guys sitting at an inside table. They were all elbow to elbow. No masks. I guess that is technically legal, but it doesn't meet the social distance recommendations.
Closed Thread

Tags
cody’s, closing, mulberry, open, slated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.