Cody's Roadhouse Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts
Default Cody's Roadhouse Brownwood

From an unmentionable news site another story about poor sanitary conditions at Cody's. It seems the new manager they brought in to clean house doesn't get it.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Veteran member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
From an unmentionable news site another story about poor sanitary conditions at Cody's. It seems the new manager they brought in to clean house doesn't get it.
And yet the masses keep flocking to this " Dump ", I just don't understand why anyone would knowingly go to this place.

Peanut shells all over the place, the kitchen has got to be filthy, etc. etc.....etc.

Once was enough for me.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
And yet the masses keep flocking to this " Dump ", I just don't understand why anyone would knowingly go to this place.

Peanut shells all over the place, the kitchen has got to be filthy, etc. etc.....etc.

Once was enough for me.
The peanut shell thing is a feature, not a bug, in tech vernacular. Many restaurants encourage people to toss empty shells on the floor. Five Guys does, so does Texas Roadhouse.

They get swept up every so often during each shift. These are not fancy restaurants. If you're experiencing serious problems with peanut shells on the floor, I suggest you not wear stiletto heels next time you visit.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Who I believe doesn't get it is John Demetriadis, Codys owner, and Dean Turner, Codys district manager. I would think at least one of them if not both would be at that location every day until everything was beyond clean and protocols established to insure the health and safety of their customers.
As I stated in previous threads, we have been Codys customers from day one at Sumter Landing and day one at Brownwood. And I am reluctant to ever bash a business or call a server/manager/owner out, but the inaction of ownership and management to straighten this mess out is unacceptable. It makes me wonder how safe it is to eat at any Codys. I still have unused gift cards that most likely will stay that way.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

Once was enough for me.
Reading all these post the last couple of weeks got me thinking, started checking some of my favorite places (not to happy).
Sumter County | Restaurant Inspections | Tallahassee.com
Old 04-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

They should set up a night cam would be interesting as to how many rodents come out at night for left over shells.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:13 PM

...….
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea

Last edited by seoulbrooks; 04-07-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:38 PM

High Priority - Server handled soiled dishes or utensils and then picked up plated food, served food, or prepared a beverage without washing hands. Operator retrained servers regarding proper hand washing.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 04-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrooks View Post
High Priority - Server handled soiled dishes or utensils and then picked up plated food, served food, or prepared a beverage without washing hands. Operator retrained servers regarding proper hand washing.
The above is one of the actual issues.

Peanut shells aren't an issue, at all (and to whoever posted upthread: rodents don't eat peanut shells. Even squirrels (which are rodents) know to take the nut out of the shell and discard the shell.

Actual dirt, cross contamination, unsanitary conditions, standing water, grease buildup in ovens, that's the stuff that should rightly get restaurants closed down.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The above is one of the actual issues.

Peanut shells aren't an issue, at all (and to whoever posted upthread: rodents don't eat peanut shells. Even squirrels (which are rodents) know to take the nut out of the shell and discard the shell.

Actual dirt, cross contamination, unsanitary conditions, standing water, grease buildup in ovens, that's the stuff that should rightly get restaurants closed down.
Do you honestly believe that the only thing to hit the floor are empty shells? I would hazard a guess that there are still plenty of peanuts to be found amongst those empty shells. And rodents love peanuts. Heck I use peanut butter for the traps in my shop because it works so well.

I agree that peanut shells by themselves aren't a problem. But you can't guarantee 100% emptiness hitting the floor. And rodents will investigate just the smell itself. Once they do they will look in other places for a food source within the restaurant.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Do you honestly believe that the only thing to hit the floor are empty shells? I would hazard a guess that there are still plenty of peanuts to be found amongst those empty shells. And rodents love peanuts. Heck I use peanut butter for the traps in my shop because it works so well.

I agree that peanut shells by themselves aren't a problem. But you can't guarantee 100% emptiness hitting the floor. And rodents will investigate just the smell itself. Once they do they will look in other places for a food source within the restaurant.
That's a fair point, but rodents aren't really a problem in most restaurants I know of personally, that allow customers to toss peanut shells on the floor. 5 Guys is one in particular. During a given lunch rush (a span of around 3 hours) up north, they might have time to sweep once. They have an A rating from the local health department (our health department requires restaurant rating page to be prominently posted). There are 3 5 guys in different directions, all within driving distance of me. I've been to all three of them, and none of them have had a rodent problem. During lunch rush and dinner rush, there are always peanut shells on the floor.

Texas Roadhouse near Spanish Springs (edited because I got the location wrong, only went there once) has peanut shells on the floor too and I don't recall them having any problems with rodents, or health department reports against them.

So it isn't peanut shells. It's lack of consistent (not constant) cleanup. The floors don't need to always be spotless. They do need to be spot-cleaned as needed, swept between shifts and meal rushes, and mopped/vacuumed at the end of every day. If they're not doing that, the fault isn't in the fact that they allow people to toss peanut shells on the floor. It's a red herring that just distracts from the main issues.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Gold member

Too bad the health inspectors weren’t at Cody’s on 42 when a server spent about 10 minutes petting a black labrador that was brought in by a couple who sat at the bar..clearly this was not a service dog. I pointed out to that server that he was in the wrong by his actions and needless to say, he became quite defensive & belligerent.. I posted a review on their web site ..never received a response
Old 04-08-2019, 04:11 AM
Gold member

I go to Cody's cuz the scared Ninnies won't

(((datz a joke)))
Old 04-08-2019, 04:35 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Don’t listen to the gossips. Yes they failed an inspection, but they have now passed and have great food and atmosphere. We ate there Wednesday and it was wonderful.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:05 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Very Few establishments can pass an inspection without issues.

Looking forward to my fajita Wednesday night.

I like the way the peanut shells stick to my feet, they give me extra traction.

Closed Thread

Tags
codys, manager, house, clean, brought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.