Cody's Roadhouse Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Took the family to Cody's in Sumter Landing a couple of weeks ago, their choice. Terrible, just terrible service. Drinks took forever. Food ordered and when finally severed they didn't bring out one order until everyone else was almost finished, which was sent that back. Loud and dirty. Sorry but too many other choices to waste my time going back.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Gold member

In all fairness, Cody's at Brownwood fired the first manager and hired another guy in place. 5 days after he got the job, the health department was back doing another inspection and did find some violations. The new manager is trying to fix the issues there but he needs at least a little time. Every restaurant here has issues found during health inspections.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
In all fairness, Cody's at Brownwood fired the first manager and hired another guy in place. 5 days after he got the job, the health department was back doing another inspection and did find some violations. The new manager is trying to fix the issues there but he needs at least a little time. Every restaurant here has issues found during health inspections.
So, you are taking your children and grandchildren to eat there while they work out the issues that should have never been an issue in the first place?
We have been loyal to Codys, BUT this isn't about fairness, this is about a business operating in the Villages with a flippent disregard for the health and well being of their customers
Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
So, you are taking your children and grandchildren to eat there while they work out the issues that should have never been an issue in the first place?
We have been loyal to Codys, BUT this isn't about fairness, this is about a business operating in the Villages with a flippent disregard for the health and well being of their customers
Well said.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:34 PM

Was wondering if anyone out there has been to Cody’s lately and if so, how was it.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2019, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Four years ago when living in Ocala we ate at Cody’s in Ocala On SR 200 quite a bit. We now live close to the one on 42. We won’t go back, my wife was served a rib dish that came out as cold as if it were taken from the refrigerator and placed on a plate. We gave them a 2nd chance and the 2nd time was not good. Seems to me it’s place more for the booze factor, hell if you have enough booze who even cares what’s the eat.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC419 View Post
Was wondering if anyone out there has been to Cody’s lately and if so, how was it.

Thanks

Was there last week.
Was with two out of towners.
All good.............food & service.

Will go back.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

Rumors are flying that Corporate is buying our present owners of Cody's in the Villages. Anyone else hear that. Also, sorry to see Hacienda Hills Restaurant closing. We had some good memories there, but not in the last few years. Someone should step up who knows what they are doing and turn it around before it ends up like El Santiago.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:55 AM

It's all about management and the service/kitchen help. So many places to work around here with full employment attracts unprofessional staffs. The low wages and job opportunity most likely causes huge turnover. Perhaps the large chain restaurants with trained managements might be the places to go? Cody's in one location may be far better in another. Only difference is the management and staff?? JMHO
Old 04-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default Restaurant staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Too bad the health inspectors weren’t at Cody’s on 42 when a server spent about 10 minutes petting a black labrador that was brought in by a couple who sat at the bar..clearly this was not a service dog. I pointed out to that server that he was in the wrong by his actions and needless to say, he became quite defensive & belligerent.. I posted a review on their web site ..never received a response
You point out an underlying major problem that plague many restaurants in The Villages. Getting experence and competent staff. The pool of labor isn’t keeping up with the growth of The Villages. It also appears to be true in the staffing of medical professionals. Another Thread.

About two months ago was our last visit to Cody’s in Brownwood. We brought two guests from out of town. The time was 5:15 and the wait area was full of people and wait time 45 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I wandered back to the rest room area noticing several empty tables. The staffing shortage was quite noticeable. After about 50 minutes we were finally seated and it was another 45 minutes or so before we got our food. The Server was pleasant and did the best she could for obviously being stressed and overworked. I had eaten so many peanuts that I really can’t give you an accurate evaluation of the food. I paid the bill and left a 20% tip. In spite of all this, we still enjoyed the evening - it was because of the “company” more than where we were having dinner. We try not to sweat the small stuff.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Gold member

Florida and Texas are in a big economic boom right now so many people are moving to better opportunities. I can imagine being a waitress or medical professional in a retirement community is constantly aggravating and very undesirable work (you can tell just by looking at the expression on their faces). At least the medical people are sucking down big bucks out of Medicare.
Closed Thread

Tags
codys, manager, house, clean, brought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.