Cody's For those who Care

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
We are new TV and have heard good and bad about these restaurants so not sure if we will be coming here
Please don't go to Cody's! It's already too crowded. Especially when it's 2fers of draft beer.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:45 AM

Loved Codys for many years. However, for some reason, about two years ago the employees became unfriendly, the prices went thru the roof, and they incurred many restaurant inspection citations. I will never return, there are too many other better options!
Old 06-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Default Depends

It depends on what you are looking for? The finest cuisine? Not Cody’s, try France. The best view. Not Cody’s, try the coast. The best entertainment? Not Cody’s, try Broadway. An infinite wine list? Not Cody’s, try France again. However, if you’re looking for an OK place that has a variety of bad to good food choices (can’t go wrong with a burger, lots of ketchup and onions, and fries); bad to good service; a place that has on OK view; a place that, at times, has some really good entertainment; a place that has a 2 for 1 happy hour (beer is a good choice, their mixed drinks didn’t do it for me, then Cody’s should fit the bill. Also, the bill fit my bill. And it’s a lot closer than France or New York.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,135 Times in 880 Posts

So glad to hear Cody's is able to reopen. It must be such a financial stress to have to deal with these COVID times for them and most businesses. Kudos to all who had enough saved up to deal with these lean months.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryb46 View Post
Brownwood location has mediocre food with poor service. Watched a server drop a serving of ribs on the floor, put it back on the plate and then serve it to the customer. We left immediately and have never returned. Closed by Health Department several times. Needs to greatly improve for me to return.
Did you tell the customer his ribs that were being served to him/her had fallen on the floor? Did you speak to the manager about what you witnessed?
Old 06-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich42 View Post
Loved Codys for many years. However, for some reason, about two years ago the employees became unfriendly, the prices went thru the roof, and they incurred many restaurant inspection citations. I will never return, there are too many other better options!
We have been going to Cody's since 2013. The prices, for what we usually order (baby back ribs) has been pretty darn consistent. Can't wait to see the new menu when they reopen. I will understand if there is a significant increase but we will be very willing to pay it.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
It depends on what you are looking for? The finest cuisine? Not Cody’s, try France. The best view. Not Cody’s, try the coast. The best entertainment? Not Cody’s, try Broadway. An infinite wine list? Not Cody’s, try France again. However, if you’re looking for an OK place that has a variety of bad to good food choices (can’t go wrong with a burger, lots of ketchup and onions, and fries); bad to good service; a place that has on OK view; a place that, at times, has some really good entertainment; a place that has a 2 for 1 happy hour (beer is a good choice, their mixed drinks didn’t do it for me, then Cody’s should fit the bill. Also, the bill fit my bill. And it’s a lot closer than France or New York.
Cody's in LSL has the best Margaritas on the rocks and the best frozen strawberry margaritas. The only other place that is on par with Cody's for these drinks is Fiesta Grande in Colony Plaza. Hubby and I both agree.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
...The best view. Not Cody’s, try the coast. The best entertainment? Not Cody’s, try Broadway...
Don't short change Codys, you must only go to the Brownwood location, I go to the LSL location because of the view. It's right on Lake Sumter. Also, every Saturday for the last three years, excluding currently, Take 2 plays on the patio from 1:00 to 4:00, they are very good, they even play the squares sometimes.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 PM

Yeah.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Don't short change Codys, you must only go to the Brownwood location, I go to the LSL location because of the view. It's right on Lake Sumter. Also, every Saturday for the last three years, excluding currently, Take 2 plays on the patio from 1:00 to 4:00, they are very good, they even play the squares sometimes.

The Villages Florida
Sometimes we go and the food is not so good. Other times it’s very good. I found the mixed drinks lacking. Too much ice and short on alcohol. Johnny Walker nest is perfect. Beer also. Sometimes the entertainment is not entertaining. Other times spectacular. The point I was making is sure you can travel and spend lots of money and get exactly what you desire. However if you’re not a food and entertainment critic you’ll find Cody’s very appealing most of the time. And quite affordable.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
We are new TV and have heard good and bad about these restaurants so not sure if we will be coming here
We are also new and are trying many restaurants. We happen to like Cody's at Sumter Landing. Not the best but a good value, decent food, good drinks and peanuts! Give it a shot! Our favs so far in TV are: Blue Fin, Red Sauce, Chop House, Toojays and Piesanos. Happy Eats!
Old 06-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Looking forward to going back to both Sumter and Brownwood locations. Having a drink at the bar, meeting new friends and listening to the live music
Old 06-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Cool Great news!

This is great news. We're looking forward to the reopening. We were regulars at both LSL and Brownwood. We love them both, though getting a booth at LSL takes a bit more patience!

My wife is hoping we'll see the cheesecake on the menu again!

Old 06-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,013 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj1938 View Post
Please don't go to Cody's! It's already too crowded. Especially when it's 2fers of draft beer.
Better go as much as you can now as when social distancing ends might give it a try.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundby View Post
This is great news. We're looking forward to the reopening. We were regulars at both LSL and Brownwood. We love them both, though getting a booth at LSL takes a bit more patience!

My wife is hoping we'll see the cheesecake on the menu again!

May I interest you in the very best carrot cake on the planet? Cody's has it!

Tags
codys, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.