Cody’s at Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2018, 05:05 PM
Sage

About mulberry , a very close friend of mine went there after they had opened-- when the sevber attempted to serve some ribs, they slipped off the plate, and they fell on the floor--she picked them up and tried to serve them again== nuff said
Old 05-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

We were regular visitors to Cody’s in Ocala on S.R 200 when we living there during winter. We enjoyed it and went every now and then...........fast forward to this past winter we tried the new one in Mulberry. My wife ordered a half rack of ribs and they were cold as if they came out of the refrigerator and forgot to heat them. Even though we sent them back the replacement or heated cold ones were not very good. We won’t be back there.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
About mulberry , a very close friend of mine went there after they had opened-- when the sevber attempted to serve some ribs, they slipped off the plate, and they fell on the floor--she picked them up and tried to serve them again== nuff said
Only a fool would believe that!!!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:13 AM
Sage

The pweson who told be about the incident can walk to the new Cody's , he will never set foot in the place again--if they can do this in plain site ,imagine what happens behind closed doors in the kitchen
Old 05-28-2018, 06:12 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I always judge the kitchen by the condition of the bathroom. If the bathroom is nasty, the kitchen is the same.
Totally agree and Cody's bathroom is always yuck.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Went there the other day for an early dinner. While chewing my salad, I felt something hard. I took a small piece of black plastic out of my mouth. Complained to the waitress who brought over the manager. He took the plastic and asked if we wanted another salad but I declined. Had the rest of our meals and as the waitress was giving us our checks she said, “ we found out what it is.” Turns out the ladle for the dressing was falling apart and chipped off in the salad. No offer to reduce our bill at all. I wasn’t in an argumentive move so we just got the heck out of there. I read another posting on this forum where someone’s wife’s “to go” salad had a food prep glove in it. I just thought I would left other people know of our recent experience at Cody’s
Sorry for your bad experience. I am surprised you weren't comped the meal minimum. I would have talked to the manager on duty but that's me. The waitress should have gotten the manager involved. Not a good customer service move on their part.

Some businesses are doing so well, they are indifferent to complaints. Sometimes making a stink yields better results but certainly understand your dismay.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
I attended a business dinner one time and five of us ate in one of the finest downtown restaurants in Cincinnati. I noticed a guest poking at his salad with his fork and asked what the problem might be. He picked up his plate and showed it to me. After staring at it for a few minutes the problem was identified. In the middle of the plate was greenest grasshopper I have ever seen alive and staring back. He blended in perfectly with the salad greens. We asked the maître de to come over and pointed to the creature. They comped us a $ 50.00 bottle of wine along with free deserts. A somewhat different policy then Cody's follows obviously. It's amazing, not even a draft. The bad PR on TOTV will cost them a thousand times the cost of a few brews, which might have resulted in a favorable review.
Aren’t grasshoppers edible? Protein!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Aren’t grasshoppers edible? Protein!
They are better fried and salted!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Bagboy, one should assume you were there and witnessed the incident?
Old 05-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Totally agree and Cody's bathroom is always yuck.
Does anyone ever wonder just how the bathrooms became “yuck”? It is probably not the employees. Just saying....
Old 05-28-2018, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Does anyone ever wonder just how the bathrooms became “yuck”? It is probably not the employees. Just saying....
Totally irrelevant.

What is relevant, is who/whom is responsible...for maintaining and keeping them clean.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
---when the sevber attempted to serve some ribs, they slipped off the plate, and they fell on the floor--she picked them up and tried to serve them again== nuff said
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Only a fool would believe that!!!
It sounds like an urban legend.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

At the entrance to Cody's I suggest that a sign be posted " Enter At You Own Risk "...

The place is a Dump
Old 05-28-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Quite frankly I've observed this in many men's restrooms in the villages. Need to have those signs that read " Hitters with short bats please stand closer to the plate" !
Old 05-29-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Quite frankly I've observed this in many men's restrooms in the villages. Need to have those signs that read " Hitters with short bats please stand closer to the plate" !
They need a sign. "We aim to please, you aim to please"
Closed Thread

Tags
salad, plastic, cody’s, waitress, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.